Headed to San Francisco / Yosemite

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KVP

Reaction score
Hello all,
So after some web searching I find an amazing number of brewpubs in the SF area.
I need to narrow it down so let me have you thoughts.
I'll probably only have a day there.
Of the many that I found do you recommend any other than these and should I rule any of these out?:

Speakeasy
Social Kitchen
Anchor
21st Amendment
Magnolia
Thirsty Bear

Russian River is a short drive north. Also Toronado and Monks Kettle are both worth visiting.

Tornado is beer Mecca and should not be missed. Don't go during the busy hours because the place gets packed. The same could be said for Zeitgeist, but they have the room to handle the crowd.

21st amendment is great, particularly if you can work in a Giants game down at Pacbell Park. Thirsty Bear has good food. Their beer, however...

City beer store is worthy of a stop. Magnolia, yes. Definitely. Same with Monks Kettle.

+1 to 21st amendment.

If you can cross the bay to oakland, you might consider the Trappist for Belgians, or beer revolution for a big selection. Comparable to monks tavern and city beer, but likely to be cheaper and less crowded.

Russian river is worth the drive for beer, but not for food or service.

I like thirsty bear because it is one of the few places you can get cask ale... I think public house has casks too, but never been.

Back