Pilot Brewery Startup - San Francisco East Bay

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j_in_beer

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am seeking a partner in which to start up a brewery. I have all of the equipment for an amazing pilot brewery but the problem is, I do not have anywhere to brew and so I am looking for a business partner in the East Bay Area of San Francisco.

This partner would need to have a backyard and would be able to have space dedicated for a Tuff Shed (that would be purchased specifically for said pilot brewery.)

I am very serious about this and have some great equipment in my storage unit! If you are interested please send me a private message and we can talk further!

Cheers! :mug:

Are you licensed to sell beer? What size batch equipment are we talking?

Are you licensed to sell beer? What size batch equipment are we talking?

Thanks for your response. I'm not licensed, the setup I aim to create would be for a pilot brewery so for recipe formulation. The system I have can brew about 13 gallons of beer. As far as fermentation, I have two 14 gallon conical fermenters. Lots of other miscellaneous stuff as well as two 5 gallon kegs.

Thanks for your response. I'm not licensed, the setup I am to create would be for a pilot brewery so for recipe formulation. The system I have can brew about 13 gallons of beer. As far as fermentation, I have two 14 gallon conical fermenters. Lots of other miscellaneous stuff as well as two 5 gallon kegs.

Well crap. You had me thinking you had some serious equipment. Good luck .

Recipes are one of the last things to address in starting a brewery. Brewing the beer is the easy part.. Anyway, a pilot is of no use unless you have some sense of how to correlate pilot results to production equipment. If you don't have production equipment, it's not a pilot, it's a homebrew system.

Recipes are one of the last things to address in starting a brewery. Brewing the beer is the easy part.. Anyway, a pilot is of no use unless you have some sense of how to correlate pilot results to production equipment. If you don't have production equipment, it's not a pilot, it's a homebrew system.

I've had a few people who said they would be willing to invest further if I had some pretty solid recipes, so yeah I do want to focus on that a little bit. The system I have is pretty easy to scale up to a bigger production system so once the recipes are dialed in, it just takes a couple of tweaks with the new equipment and things would be up and running.

Okay, This place is full of people with proven recipes. You probably know this but don't underestimate the recipe and process tweaks needed to acheive the same results on production equipment. At least some micros, try to mirror their pilot process to production ..... Here is video of Russian River with a pilot to production discussion . best of luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you really looking to start a business or is this a way to get around paying storage fees?

Who pays for the shed and would the beer brewed in it count against that persons household limits?

Are you really looking to start a business or is this a way to get around paying storage fees?

Who pays for the shed and would the beer brewed in it count against that persons household limits?

I'll PM you.

Okay, This place is full of people with proven recipes. You probably know this but don't underestimate the recipe and process tweaks needed to acheive the same results on production equipment. At least some micros, try to mirror their pilot process to production ..... Here is video of Russian River with a pilot to production discussion . best of luck. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmgVXt9Dmq8&feature=channel&list=UL

I sincerely appreciate your input though I am not using standard brewing equipment. I also have friends who are professionals in the industry that I will be able to call to for assistance when I am ready to scale. Once I have a few minutes I am interested in watching the video, so I thank you for including that in your post :mug:

Not really sure what it has to do with electric brewing either? You may get more responses if you post in the correct sub-forum. Good luck!

Kal

Not really sure what it has to do with electric brewing either? You may get more responses if you post in the correct sub-forum. Good luck!

Kal

The system I have is electric.

You're looking for a partner to start up a brewery in the San Francisco East Bay. That has nothing to do with the fact that the system is electric. It could be gas, steam, or bicycle powered. ;)

The Electric Brewing sub-forum's about discussing things specific to electric brewery setups.

If you want relevant responses you should be posting somewhere relevant to starting up a brewery/looking for a partner. The Pro brewer forum (http://discussions.probrewer.com/) would likely make sense.

Kal

Latest posts

Back