HBT Fantasy Football 2014 #2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'll have the top player at the position of my choice. I just have to decide what that is...

So now that we are a full league, where is everyone from so I can tell all the beers in my fridge where their friends will be coming from.

Jk, does anyone know how well the nfl app works for the draft? Do you need to be on wifi or can I do it from a cell network? Draft day is also opening of archery in my part of CA so I'm going to try to find a spot with service to participate.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

So now that we are a full league, where is everyone from so I can tell all the beers in my fridge where their friends will be coming from.

Jk, does anyone know how well the nfl app works for the draft? Do you need to be on wifi or can I do it from a cell network? Draft day is also opening of archery in my part of CA so I'm going to try to find a spot with service to participate.

KS, so I could really use some PtE or a beat :D

I am not sure about the app. I use it when I watch games, but have never used it for the draft. During games, points seem to be a little slow to update so Im not sure how much I would trust it come draft day.

Northwest Ohio resident here, got some pretty good microbreweries out here. Buckeye Brewing, Great Lakes... etc. Lupilinaddict bow season doesn't start here till Sept, 27 so I still got a little while to wait.

Also may have to get a tour of the brewery when I go pick up a brew if..... By some infinitesimal chance I don't win

Northwest Ohio resident here, got some pretty good microbreweries out here. Buckeye Brewing, Great Lakes... etc. Lupilinaddict bow season doesn't start here till Sept, 27 so I still got a little while to wait.

Also may have to get a tour of the brewery when I go pick up a brew if..... By some infinitesimal chance I don't win

Looking forward to tasting them when I win. :D

Just a reminder, the draft is this Sunday at 4:00pm EASTERN! I believe you can begin to enter the draft room 30 minutes prior to it starting. Good luck everyone!

I was gonna spend some time today preparing for the draft. But roller coasters and beer seems like a good idea. Guess I'll just wing it tomorrow.

I am feeling the same. Might try to get a couple home team favorites, but that is all.

I'm stuck at my 2 yr old nephews bday party with no wifi and chitty cell service. This should be interesting.

Edit: Haha. Just realized the draft is tomorrow not today. Hopefully I'll be able to draft tomorrow.

Sorry kids, I have a last minute conflict and won't be able to join the draft. FINS: will my team get auto drafted for me?

Sorry kids, I have a last minute conflict and won't be able to join the draft. FINS: will my team get auto drafted for me?

yep it will. You can even make suggestions for people you want and if they are still available they will pick them over the highest rated players.

I haven't heard of a single player on my team before. Should be fun getting to know football again after a couple years away. Best of luck.

It finished around 4pm CST. I was surprised at how quick it was.

That's fast. In my other league, we do an in person 10 team draft and it takes 5 hours. Of course it's at a bar and we break for shots every few rounds but, I figured 16 teams would be at least a few hours.

That's fast. In my other league, we do an in person 10 team draft and it takes 5 hours. Of course it's at a bar and we break for shots every few rounds but, I figured 16 teams would be at least a few hours.

I was figuring 2-3, but the draft clock was at 45 seconds. I think most leagues are at 90 seconds? I'm not complaining - those really long drafts can get tedious, especially if you're prepared. But anyone hoping to show up late was in trouble.

The 45 seconds or so we had to choose flew by for me. It was kind of like a shotgun draft. It was fun though, let's do another league. I love fantasy football and think the beer payment is way better than winning money.

The 45 seconds or so we had to choose flew by for me. It was kind of like a shotgun draft. It was fun though, let's do another league. I love fantasy football and think the beer payment is way better than winning money.

Yeah. This is the best idea for prizes in a FFL I've ever heard of. Pretty excited about it!

I do agree 45 seconds was probably too fast but i hated 90 last year. Will probably do 60 next year. I still think it went good and did like how fast it went overall

Good luck everyone! :mug:

Would anyone be against adding our names to the master list on the first thread post? Finsfan did a great job of putting hbt names with ff team names, but when we add/drop players or make comments in ff it uses our names. I am having trouble finding that info in the ff and cross referencing to which team it is. I don't won't to come across as a whiner, but i thought it would be easier for everyone when games start.

Im lupulinaddict on hbt
Beer hunters in ff
Dennis in real world.

Thanks and good luck!!

Wow that's weird how it handles that. I am Mike, but not the one that made changes already. Another Mike. Perhaps I can change the name there...

Edit ok that worked, Now my first name is Grathan, forum name is Grathan, and team name is Grathan.

I am Eric.

It looks like there are 3 Mikes in this league. So, good luck with that... I recommend you all three fight to the death to figure out who's the best.

(FF)4th and inches-(HBT)California_craftbrew and he is one of the many Mike's.

I am (FF) hipHOPanonymous- Kevin

First post has been updated and organized so its a little easier to find who you are looking for. Still need about half of the names on people's NFL account.

Back