Having an SO that supports your brewing habit :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nuber

Reaction score
I just wanted to share this because I have an amazingly supportive and cool girlfriend whom got me some cool stuff for my birthday.

She had someone design a logo for my beer, registered a domain for my "brewery", made a t-shirt with the logo, printed some top-labels for one of my beers and is having an artist draw a picture of my dad and I for use on the big labels.

BuOx8d_CAAAdRSh.jpg

I guess I have to step up my game a bit now :p. Will post the drawing label once it's ready as well if anyone is interested :).

My wife bought me my first burner and a 10 gal SS pot. Of course, she wanted to get me out of the kitchen since she was pregnant and couldn't stand the smell. She got me a digital refractometer last Christmas. She also drinks my beer.

It's always good to have your SO's support. I knew that I had won mine over when she said, "This tastes so much better than the crap that you buy in the supermarket."

Very cool, man! Very cool.

I literally just started brewing Saturday morning with a Mr. Beer kit my brother bought me for my birthday. Yesterday, my fiancée texted me and asked me if it was OK to move the Little Brown Keg to a different room. A very small gesture to some, but it meant a lot to me.

She could've just moved it without regard, but she clearly picked up on my subtle signs of obsession. Having a SWMBO who respects the hobby is a good feeling.

My wife bought me my first brewing kit for Xmas in 1989. Little did she know I would still be brewing all these years later and will now be making it my next career, but she couldn't be happier with the way things have turned out.

Cheers,
--
Don

I just wanted to share this because I have an amazingly supportive and cool girlfriend whom got me some cool stuff for my birthday.

She had someone design a logo for my beer, registered a domain for my "brewery", made a t-shirt with the logo, printed some top-labels for one of my beers and is having an artist draw a picture of my dad and I for use on the big labels.

BuOx8d_CAAAdRSh.jpg

I guess I have to step up my game a bit now :p. Will post the drawing label once it's ready as well if anyone is interested :).

Sounds like a keeper!

My wife loves the fact that I brew and even encourages me to buy anything i need. Of course I get what I need within reason, but if I needed more she would tell me to go for it.

Back