Has anyone seen this?! (yeast starter saga)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why have I been spending all this money on S-05 when I could just pick up a pack of bread yeast from the store!??! God I'm an idiot!!!

Something tells me this schmendrick sits around wearing a tin foil hat waiting for the spaceships to make contact.

How have I not seen this until now??

That damn paper towel! There is a 100% chance he punished himself for bringing that paper towel into his dungeon after he finished up filming, or after his finished his post-production meeting with himself.

Gee, I can't brew in the kitchen, garage, without a hazmat suit, in plastic, without slathering myself with some kind of greasy chemical anymore!

This guy is actually serious! I think?:drunk:

He has been doing this long enough but still has not figured out that most everyone else brews in the kitchen or garage and uses plastic, do not slather themselves with greasy chemicals and still do not brew infected beers and starters.

Thank God I found Craigtube and didn't stumble onto this guy when I was scouring YouTube for how-to-brew videos. He got a triple dose of the socially awkward gene; he clearly doesn't understand that those videos and his posts have people enthralled with how brilliantly crazy he is.

He should get professional help or we're going to see him body waxed in a hazmat suit boiling StarSan for his next starter.

What a tool. Well, at least he gave up on makng horrendous brewing videos. Wonder how long it'll take the pizza forums to ban his dopey keaster

Sorry, didn't read all 550 posts, but after reading many of them managed to stumble onto a post by Revvy; which is a link to another couple threads which subsequently leads to this 2009 Revvy post. Or something like that? :)

Revvy's been spreading the good word in quite a few ways for a number of years. I made one edit, removed the poster's handle Revvy was talking to.

Revvy, your good efforts do not go unnoticed. Thank you! :mug:

Wow xxxxxxxxxxx, having just read that Tirade I am very sorry I missed the thread, maybe I could have set you straight with a couple simple cut and pastes....

I diagnosed your beer in 5 minutes...it wasn't the beer, it wasn't the kit, it was the brewer..sorry, I'm not trying to pick on you, I'm trying to help you make great beer, but you needed to have seen these posts in your thread...

(1)the one about not relying or caring about airlock bubbles, and (2) Not worrying about whether there's a seal or not. (3)The one about not stressing out about any tastes and smells while the beer is in the fermenter/secondary.(4) The one about having PATIENCE and letting the beers condition in the bottle for 3-6 or more weeks.

Or the one about letting time correct any problems...you know the uber thread with all the stories of beers getting better with time? https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/ne...virtue-time-heals-all-things-even-beer-73254/ :D

There was nothing wrong with the coopers fermentor, or the ingredient kit, what was wrong was your typical new brewer's worry and impatience, and your ignoring people like Yooper telling you that what you were experiencing including the tastes and smells were perfectly normal for the stage the beer was at.

You jumped the gun....on so many levels, you did 4 new brewer panic mistakes in one thread AND didn't listen to anyone who had seen all your issues before. We only answer these threads 20 or more times a day, and it's usually the same new brewer panic over and over and over, hence me having blogs or articles on all YOUR issues.

Guys you dissapoint me...you know if I'm not around, you can always just quote me, might have saved a batch of beer, and a few frayed nerves. :D

But, hbhudy, maybe YOU can learn from these. :mug:

If I had a Facebook account I would most definately add him as a friend!

beerloaf

He is now Mike Starr, sociology and financial expert posting under the username truthalwaystold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like a turd in the punch bowl..
I listened to about 5 minutes dumbstruck, but I'll bet if I listened to the whole 45 he would have started making sense. This guy is going to end up as a cult leader.

Just steer clear of the cool aid. Even if there's no poison in it, he was probably buttt ass naked when he made it.

Wow nice find, I think.... He's a whack job for sure. I can't believe that's 45 minutes long. He quotes fox news... there's something that's gonna help his claim for sure ;) And I thought he lived in Canada? Could I get a transcript? lol\

Oh and his "new" name "Mike Starr"... is he trying to be the Alice in Chains bassist or the actor from Goodfellas?

Back