Growler serving setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valarious

Reaction score
I am in the process of setting up a new craft beer store that will serve take home growlers. I plan to have 20 taps. I setup my own system at home with 3 taps and I am assuming that the same principals apply to commercial lines. The keg cooler will share a wall with the taps to reduce line length for a direct draw system. I am planning to just buy 20 SS Perlick taps, 20 SS Couplers, 20 SS Shanks and a crap ton of beer line. Planning on having the PSI set at 30 on the main line and then just have T-manifolds to split off the separate Co2 lines to their own secondary regulators. I had rapids wholesale and Foxx equipment recommended to me for the faucets and couplers. Any other suggestions for a supplier?

Is there anything else I would need on a commercial system that wouldn't be needed at home?
What size beer line? 3/16 or 1/4?
Is Perlick the way to go for commercial?
Any suggestions for a walk in cooler supplier?
Anyone have a supplier they would recommend for Growler bottles?

Seeing as how you're in Tucker, you're fairly close to the Beer Growler in Avondale Estates. You might want to see if they might help with some of this advice. (Maybe a long shot if you're going to be a competitor, but who knows, they seem like pretty cool people.) As far as Perlick faucets, IMHO they are the best around, and being in the restaurant service industry, I see mostly Perlicks anywhere I go. As far as beer line size, I use 3/16" at home, and as far as I know, you only really need 1/4" for long runs (I would think 20'+). Other suppliers I can't be of much help with, although it occurs to me for walk in cooler stuff you could swing over to Atlanta Sales and Fixtures off of 85 near Jimmy Carter (if I remember right), or possibly Restaurant Depot next door to the Grainger on Crescent Rd. (that service road that parallels 85 just south of Jimmy Carter.)

-Drew

for runs of 10-15 feet, 3/16" should give you the required CO2 pressure.
20-35 feet you should be looking at 1/4" lines
35-40+ you should be looking at 5/16" lines.

otherwise you might have to use beergas in order to balance the CO2 pressure and temperature to get the correct carbonation level.

i have a tap setup that runs from my basement up to the taps in the kitchen about 40 feet away horizontally, and vertically about 12 feet, and 15psi of co2 on 5/16" lines gives a nice pour. i do also have 1/4" choker lines on the last 2 feet to the taps though, and the 5/16" lines are bevex ultra which are very smooth inside (PEX, less restriction).

Latest posts

Back