Group Buy in Chicago #5

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to offer my two cents here so please do not take it the wrong way.

The beauty of group buys is to purchase grain in bulk and save money on ingredients. This is pretty obvious. In my humble opinion, if anyone is looking to get in on a group buy for less than, say, a third of a sack I think they should strongly consider buying from their lhbs. The amount of savings on small quantities is insignificant but you are still supporting your lhbs. Again, this is just my humble opinion and people are free to choose and buy in the group buys as they please. $0.02
No Probs Bill.. Point taken..

Docgineer, if we can get 4 folks for a star stan 4 x 1 Gallon pack, I will be up for taking 1 gallon.

I noticed that there are people who ordered starsan in less than 1 gallon containers. I think there might be enough people ordering smaller container sizes for another 4-pack of 1 gallon starsans. something to consider.

EDIT: There are actually five 32 oz starsans being ordered with one person ordering two for himself. Maybe that one person can get 1 gallon along with the others who originally ordered 32 oz containers.

I was ordering the two seperate star sans, I would be good to go on a gallon instead

Hi guys
I can pay for EKG but everyone on the list need to agree to meet me at Bills place during my pickup time or come to my house for pickup (im 2 blocks from midway airport), payment by paypal would be nice but i can deal with cash too, i just dont want to get stuck with lots of EKG when i want to get just 1lb for myself, so pm me or post here if you are ready for some south side visit (i understand it could be difficult for some northsiders)

I can meet at Bill's or your place.

It looks like we may be adding a completed fourth pallet to our buy. Still waiting on confirmation.

Gothic_Horror said:
Docgineer, if we can get 4 folks for a star stan 4 x 1 Gallon pack, I will be up for taking 1 gallon.

If you need a 4th, count me in.

Okee, here are the people with the starsan on their order:
Wcrooker
Cyclogenesis
Me (confirmed)
ThirsT (confirmed)

If those people don't all confirm in a day then gothic_horror and steveloranz you got em.

I am happy with my separate bottle.. I have a lot of travel coming up and it would be difficult to coordinate a split..

I am happy with my separate bottle.. I have a lot of travel coming up and it would be difficult to coordinate a split..

Ok, then since gothic was first I'll put him on, Steve's got next

Wcrooker
gothic_horror(confirmed)
Me (confirmed)
ThirsT (confirmed)

Yes, it's true. I will be entering a 4th full pallet into the spreadsheet in the next day or so. Does this give us 8,000# pricing, BTW?

:mug:

Randar said:
Yes, it's true. I will be entering a 4th full pallet into the spreadsheet in the next day or so. Does this give us 8,000# pricing, BTW?

I had already planned on asking. Great minds think alike! So...how long do you think this grain will last you, Randar? :)

bmason1623 said:
I don't mean to rub it in but I am currently at the New Glarus Brewery.

It's a beautiful facility. I got there at 3:40 a few months back and had to run through the tour. I hope you got your times worth before they closed! Grab a cherry stout if the have any left. That one was such a nice surprise to my palate, but it was a march seasonal brew.

Hi guys
I can pay for EKG but everyone on the list need to agree to meet me at Bills place during my pickup time or come to my house for pickup (im 2 blocks from midway airport), payment by paypal would be nice but i can deal with cash too, i just dont want to get stuck with lots of EKG when i want to get just 1lb for myself, so pm me or post here if you are ready for some south side visit (i understand it could be difficult for some northsiders)

I can meet at either location

This is the best option i just wasnt sure Bill would be ok with this, but if he is im fine too.
So after quote is approved and we have confirmation on hops please paypal me for the amount of hops you order, i will pay Bill for my 5 sacks and 11lbs of hops. I will try to get to pickup location asap and divide hops in two 1-2lbs bags (1 bag per person) and everyone will be able to pick it up from Bill together with grain. I think this is the final list for EKG buy:

TBU - 2
Polboy - 1
Wegz - 1
FastEd - 2
Demon - 1
TOB - 1
Opteek - 1
Bilboa - 1
Cadwallion-1

Also fasteddie1101, we are splitting sack of rye so you could paypal me full amount and get the split the same way (although if you are from Indiana you may be driving by me so you can pick it up from me)
Thanks
That's too far for me. I can paypal you upfront so you can leave a pound at bills if that's ok with him and you

Polboy said:
This is the best option i just wasnt sure Bill would be ok with this, but if he is im fine too.
So after quote is approved and we have confirmation on hops please paypal me for the amount of hops you order, i will pay Bill for my 5 sacks and 11lbs of hops. I will try to get to pickup location asap and divide hops in two 1-2lbs bags (1 bag per person) and everyone will be able to pick it up from Bill together with grain. I think this is the final list for EKG buy:

TBU - 2
Polboy - 1
Wegz - 1
FastEd - 2
Demon - 1
TOB - 1
Opteek - 1
Bilboa - 1
Cadwallion-1

Also fasteddie1101, we are splitting sack of rye so you could paypal me full amount and get the split the same way (although if you are from Indiana you may be driving by me so you can pick it up from me)
Thanks

Sounds good to me.

TBU - 2
Polboy - 1
Wegz - 1
FastEd - 2
Demon - 1
TOB - 1
Opteek - 1
Bilboa - 1
Cadwallion-1

Thanks

We can talk and make some arrangements on who is going to see Bill first(I have another split)

Docgineer said:
Do me a favor and bribe someone into telling you the hops in moon man!

When I got there the tours were closed for the day but I did get the belgian red ale and bought a raspberry tart and some other beers which I forgot. Going again on saturday. Should I run into one of the brewers I'll ask but I doubt they'll tell me.

Driving up to Minneapolis tomorrow. Going to try to make it to a brewery. I was recommended Surly. Any other recommendations? Thanks.

Niiiice... Your name may come up the next time the wife screams about brewing expenditures.

TBU - 2
Polboy - 1
Wegz - 1
FastEd - 2
Demon - 1
TOB - 1
Opteek - 1
Bilboa - 1
Cadwallion-1

Thanks

This sounds good to me, thanks for thanks for taking the lead with this. Depending on when everything actually makes it to Bill's I might be late picking up things, so whatever is most convenient for others is fine for me.

Docgineer said:
Ok, then since gothic was first I'll put him on, Steve's got next

Wcrooker
gothic_horror(confirmed)
Me (confirmed)
ThirsT (confirmed)

Was this to confirm my order for starsans?

starman said:
Niiiice... Your name may come up the next time the wife screams about brewing expenditures.

Just remind her how much she spends on purses and shoes next time your brewing vice expenses come up for discussion. Also, remind her that Quentin, your brewing assistant, is getting a valuable education for free. He will be the most popular person on campus when he's brewing up a storm and, hopefully, earning his degree...20 years from now.

Well not your order that exists but your interest in splitting a 4x1 gallon case instead. I just figured I'd give dibs to the people that already had Starsan on their order

Was this to confirm my order for starsans?

Little dude is about ready to haul sacks on his own; hes an ox for 7 months. Q had his brew training schedule cut back quite a bit right after Buy#4. Think his mom figured the two of us were having too much fun so I'm back in the loop working 4 10's.

Are you on the road for work? Maybe your dairy industry clients have some unused stainless for you to bring back.

starman said:
Little dude is about ready to haul sacks on his own; hes an ox for 7 months. Q had his brew training schedule cut back quite a bit right after Buy#4. Think his mom figured the two of us were having too much fun so I'm back in the loop working 4 10's.

Are you on the road for work? Maybe your dairy industry clients have some unused stainless for you to bring back.

I'm driving to an hour north of Minneapolis to look at some machinery parts. I will be getting a brand spanking new 2 BBL jacketed fermenter next week that is for sale. PM or email me if you're interested in purchasing it.

When I got there the tours were closed for the day but I did get the belgian red ale and bought a raspberry tart and some other beers which I forgot. Going again on saturday. Should I run into one of the brewers I'll ask but I doubt they'll tell me.

Driving up to Minneapolis tomorrow. Going to try to make it to a brewery. I was recommended Surly. Any other recommendations? Thanks.

Nice. I like the raspberry tart more than the Belgian red.

Docgineer said:
Well not your order that exists but your interest in splitting a 4x1 gallon case instead. I just figured I'd give dibs to the people that already had Starsan on their order

Yeah I'd be willing to do a spilt.

Docgineer said:

Yeah I'd be willing to do a spilt.

BBBF said:
Nice. I like the raspberry tart more than the Belgian red.

I'm cracking open the tart later tonight. The dancing man wheat hefewizen is probably the best hefewizen I've ever had.

Hello all! I believe the fourth pallet is full, but I'm interested in 6 pounds of Nelson Sauvin hops. Is anyone else interested in buying into the the remaining 5 pounds?

Mobly, if you wanna take 2 from the new order..ill take yours.. I reduced my orig 4 to 3 to let you on.. your call tho..let me know

Mobly, if you wanna take 2 from the new order..ill take yours.. I reduced my orig 4 to 3 to let you on.. your call tho..let me know

Sure, assuming that the new order goes through, I'll take 2 lbs. on ylpaul2000 's order and you can keep your 4th lb. Easier for me as well.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back