Group Buy in Chicago #5

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ThirstT said:
Does this verification count those on the third palate? If so, may I gain access to the spreadsheet? Thanks.

you're on the third pallet. I thought I sent you the spreadsheet link. Maybe someone can forward it to you.

you're on the third pallet. I thought I sent you the spreadsheet link. Maybe someone can forward it to you.

You did, but I looked here before my PMs so I didn't know at first. My apologies, I'm new to this. However, a couple of members were quick to help a struggling fella out. This is a good group of people here.

Everybody who has been confirmed for this buy please check the spreadsheet for errors.

Good here. This is my first group buy too, about when should I be sending the funds?

Does anyone still have an opening on a pound of hops? I'm already in for one pound of the Nelson Sauvin, and could be interested in something else.

bmason,

You have me listed under the starsan order, I did not want any starsan. Also, under the hops buy for EKG, it looks like you have me for 1 pound, when I wanted 2.

Thanks,

Fasteddie

Mine looks great..I'll make a decision on the Nelson Sauvin prior to your submittal of RFQ when you are ready to roll. I've got me for 4 lbs and a couple yes/maybe's thus far

I'm up for a pound if you decide to go for it.

bmason,

You have me listed under the starsan order, I did not want any starsan. Also, under the hops buy for EKG, it looks like you have me for 1 pound, when I wanted 2.

Thanks,

Fasteddie

I took the starsan off. as far as the EKG, talk to THbreweyunderground since he was the one who sent me the hops split break down.

Bill would you please add the Nelson Sauvin HU-90NZNS under me. I've now have all acctd for...I'm confident there are some experimental brewers amongst us..
Thank you.

Me - 3
ThirstT - 1
Starman - 1
Docgineer - 1
Demon - 1
Kieran - 1
Kwhyte - 1
Mobly99 - 1
Opteek - 1

If this is incorrect or you changed your mind or I left you out, pls msg me.

Hopefully I can borrow that bad ass scale of yours ( On site ), please.

I took the starsan off. as far as the EKG, talk to THbreweyunderground since he was the one who sent me the hops split break down.

Oops! My mistake. I'll correct it now that I see it. Now do you guys understand why I don't like doing splits? Some one needs to put the EKG under their name and then collect from the participants.

Bill would you please add the Nelson Sauvin HU-90NZNS under me. I've now all but 2 acctd for...I'm confident there are some experimental brewers amongst us..
Thank you.

Hopefully I can borrow that bad ass scale of yours ( On site ), please.

done. those are some expensive hops! and yes, the scale is available for people to use.

Can anyone from the EKG buy pay for the EKG all together and have us send you our share of the buy. I don't get my next pay check for 3-4 more weeks and can't pay for all of it right now. Also again if anyone who has a vacuum sealer they would be willing to use that'd be great, other wise it might just be ziplock bags.

Bill, thank you..I have him accounted for as well. I am on my phone so I can't see the msg number a page or so back that I'm keeping a running # in..

There's one bag left open that I think I might take for myself. Just need to do inventory of what I have and what I need.

And if that does not do it I would take a bag of Vienna..

Ok.. I am confused by the splits.. If anyone has any open I am good for:
5 lb of crystal (any)
5 lb of carafa
a lb of Cascade, Citra of Nelson Sav.

5lb or less of Melanoidin..

I am out of town next week (France!) and back for a week and then in Canada...

cyclogenesis said:
And if that does not do it I would take a bag of Vienna..

Ok.. I am confused by the splits.. If anyone has any open I am good for:
5 lb of crystal (any)
5 lb of carafa
a lb of Cascade, Citra of Nelson Sav.

5lb or less of Melanoidin..

I am out of town next week (France!) and back for a week and then in Canada...

I'm going to offer my two cents here so please do not take it the wrong way.

The beauty of group buys is to purchase grain in bulk and save money on ingredients. This is pretty obvious. In my humble opinion, if anyone is looking to get in on a group buy for less than, say, a third of a sack I think they should strongly consider buying from their lhbs. The amount of savings on small quantities is insignificant but you are still supporting your lhbs. Again, this is just my humble opinion and people are free to choose and buy in the group buys as they please. $0.02

Can anyone from the EKG buy pay for the EKG all together and have us send you our share of the buy. I don't get my next pay check for 3-4 more weeks and can't pay for all of it right now. Also again if anyone who has a vacuum sealer they would be willing to use that'd be great, other wise it might just be ziplock bags.

Hi guys
I can pay for EKG but everyone on the list need to agree to meet me at Bills place during my pickup time or come to my house for pickup (im 2 blocks from midway airport), payment by paypal would be nice but i can deal with cash too, i just dont want to get stuck with lots of EKG when i want to get just 1lb for myself, so pm me or post here if you are ready for some south side visit (i understand it could be difficult for some northsiders)

That's too far for me. I can paypal you upfront so you can leave a pound at bills if that's ok with him and you

Everyone participating in the group buy who has not checked their order yet please do so. I'm going out of town this weekend (leaving this afternoon) so people will have through the weekend to check for errors. There are is still a slot for one more sacks which I'm leaving open in case there are people who PMed me before and I, for some reason, shorted them on a sack. Again, check the spreadsheet if you haven't done so already! Thanks.

I noticed that there are people who ordered starsan in less than 1 gallon containers. I think there might be enough people ordering smaller container sizes for another 4-pack of 1 gallon starsans. something to consider.

EDIT: There are actually five 32 oz starsans being ordered with one person ordering two for himself. Maybe that one person can get 1 gallon along with the others who originally ordered 32 oz containers.

I'm one of the starsan folks. It's the same price if we split a 4 gallon box I think. I'm interested in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back