Grounded Brewing Technologies - 20G Mash Tun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have mixed feelings on this, while the kettle looks fantastic and I love the manway, tangential style bottom drain and fully welded triclamps, i question the practicality on this scale as well as how much $$$$ its going to cost.. I'm brewing 20 gallon batches in 30 gallon kettles and i feel like im right on the edge of a manway being useful to grain out.. really for the majority of my batches scooping the 40-50 lbs of grain out takes no time at all and is very painless. For 20 gallon kettles I cant imagine this is worth what it will cost.. however for 50 gallon kettles I would be all over it. If I didnt already have spike v3 30 gallon kettles I would strongly consider these depending on the price.. staying tuned for pricing and other kettles features..

Looks beautiful.

But I've been brewing on a 3x 20g single tier herms rig for a few years now and imo a manway on a 20g kettle is way over the top (no pun intended) which is likely where the price will be. Even on the 40-something pound bills unloading the mlt isn't that big a deal.

A manway is not something I would pay for, that's for certain...

Cheers!

They posted that it will be priced competitively with the ssbrewtech 20 gal mash tun so I guess ~$600.. for a 20 gal... hmm..

Back