Greetings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madscutter

Reaction score
Hello all! Thought I'd stop in and do the polite intro thing.

I'm actually in the middle of my second batch. My first was an all extract stout which turned out very nicely. The current batch is an extract w/specialty grains version of an English Brown Ale.

I got interested in homebrewing thanks to my wife. She purchased a "beer of the month" club membership for me as a gift (international version). I was enjoying the various selections greatly but what really got me going was a copy of a magazine that was included in one of the shipments. There was an article about homebrewing that really grabbed my interest and I started reading everything I could find on the subject. A couple weeks later I bought an equipment kit (plastic bucket primary, glass carboy secondary and associated implements) and I've been loving it ever since.

It will probably be quite a while (if ever) before I move to all grain. I'll likely stick with extract w/grains for now. Not sure I could find the time or room for all grain at this point.

Anyhow, I've gotten quite a few useful tips from this site so far and I look forward to many more.

Thanks!

Welcome to HBT! :mug:
I got interested in home brewing about the same way. A friend let me borrow Charlie Papazian's The New Complete Joy of Home Brewing. I read it cover to cover that evening and purchased equipment the next day. I had my first batch in the fermenter that weekend. I haven't looked back.

If you ever want to try all grain brewing, take a look at these threads. Partial mash brewing doesn't take too much longer than extract and it gives you more options. It also saves money on ingredients as you will use about 1/3 to 1/2 less malt extract. You don't need a ton of equipment so if you are tight on space it won't be a problem.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=8805
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=19413&highlight=mini+mash

Back