Greetings from the middle of nowhere

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ATD

Reaction score
Howdy from the middle of Kansas! I've had two wine kits laying around that I bought several years ago and have never set them up. Now there are a couple packs in them that no longer contain anything and some that look like they have grown stuff on their own. I was at a ren fair and got a phone number for a guy with his own honey making hobby and found out he sells honey in bulk for people who make mead and that got me thinking..... I wonder how hard it really is to brew stuff at home. So I broke out my kits and found some stuff that should have been there but now isn't, and thought where can I find out if this stuff is any good anymore? I know GOOGLE! A quick search later I found this place. Looks pretty neat, and I will probably be asking stupid questions soon so prepare yourselves.

You know the old saying, "There is no such thing as a stupid question." This forum has been a great place for me to learn, that's for sure.

Welcome!

Yooper Chick said:
You know the old saying, "There is no such thing as a stupid question." This forum has been a great place for me to learn, that's for sure.

Welcome!

Ditto this!! Lorena knows of what she speaks. (Well, types.):fro:

I work at a LHBS, and am learning stuff on a daily basis! One of the reasons I'm here, is to learn!

steve

Yep- the hard lemonade is homemade- down to the last liter now. Look in the wine/cider area and you'll find a few long threads on hard lemonade. Some of them look really good! Jaybird is making a cranberry/lemonade, I believe, and I think it's Rod who made hard lemonade with malt extract- to simulate Mike's.

And I'm not sure what exactly skou meant by saying I know my way around a stupid question, but I'll choose to ignore that for the moment! :D

Back