Greetings from NJ!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoemaker27

Reaction score
Hi my name is Christian, from hunterdon county, NJ. This is a great forum and I really appreciate all of you experienced brewers giving advice and I hope to get to know more of all of you.

I'm new at brewing, but I'm following everyone's advice very closely. Right now I have two extracts in primary, a Czech Pilsner and a German Gold Lager. After secondary I will put them in kegs. I hope to move to all grain by the end of the summer.

I'm a German beer kind of guy. I just got back from a four month stint in Germany and really miss the beer there (and the prices...in a beer store, 93 cents for a half liter of really good beer!) I absolutely loved Munich style Helles when I was over there (Augustiner, Paulaner, Hacker Pschorr) and really want to shoot for making that type of beer.

Again thanks for the help!

Welcome Christian, you will love it here and learn a lot and soon youll be doing all grain. theyll teach you all you need to know and your beer will be better then ever.

I was in Berlin, but had the opportunity to visit other places in Germany, including Bamberg, which is an absolutely beautiful city (I don't need to tell you that). Was machts du dort seit neun Jahren?

Christian, welcome from a fellow Hunterdon County brewer. I'm a little south from you, but spend a lot of Sunday's on the trails in Round Valley. Ever get over to Ship Inn in Milford?

Edit:
Although that's British, not German beer. :D

Welcome to the Addiction,Christian,

Also in NJ a bit north of you at the north end of 31.Feel free to look at our webpage/forums our club usually meets in Long Valley or Hackettstown.
Green with envy on the time spent in Germany,heheh:mug:

Back