Greetings from Minnesota!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mainbutter

Reaction score
Well I've been stalking these forums for a few weeks now and figured it's time to participate :)

How I got started:

My fiance and I are pretty close to her parents, they're practically parents 2.0 for me and we often spend a weekend or two a month on group projects. We have a garden that we get four figures of produce (poundage-wise) from every year, we tap maple trees on 120 acres of undeveloped forested land to make homemade maple syrup, and we hunt and fish together.

We also very much enjoy celebrating our successes with great food and drink :tank:, especially wine. Well Mom_v2.0 wanted to try making her own wine, so that was our xmas gift to her, and we've enjoyed helping her through a couple batches now.

We enjoyed it so much, that my fiance and I decided to get into brewing beer as well, so we stopped by Midwest Supplies (a very nice LBS) and got set up. We have a honey nut brown ale in a carboy as I type this, and soon enough I think it will be ready to bottle.

A few random fun facts about me:
- Between an eel in a fish tank and some scaly critters in cages among other things, I've got an oddball collection of pets
- I've been playing music for most of my life, and just picked up the banjo this year. I've come to realize you can't play banjo without a dumb smile on your face. It's a very silly, but fun, instrument.
- I've hugged an astronaut.. and seen her launch on her first space shuttle command.
- My favorite beers tend to be stouts. My second favorite beers tend to be hoppy, bitter ales. A very close third are your crisp hefeweizens

Just so you know who is behind the keyboard, here's a shot of us visiting my parents in Alaska this summer:
i64x.jpg

Her biggest beat me out by a half pound - mine at 14 and 3/4s lbs, hers at 15 1/4th

Welcome to the hobbies!

And thanks for the Midwest store shout-out - glad you had a good time in the shop. We hope to see you again soon!

Back