Greetings From Los Angeles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pachyderm

Reaction score
Hello all!

My name is Andrew, I'm a brand spanking new Homebrewer living in Hollywood.

I'm 27 and I work in the fine wine and spirits industry, but my passion has always been for beer.

I'm here to learn, meet people, and have a good time. You've already helped me out tremendously with my first batch. Can't wait to meet more of you!

-Andrew:mug:

I bought my first recipe from the Home Beer, Wine and Cheese Shop in Woodland Hills, CA. It's an English Porter.

I'm looking forward to the results, but I'm an IPA guy, so I'm just looking forward to learning and brewing new things. The guy at the shop said that this is an easy brew to start with. I almost screwed it up, so who knows...

Thanks for the welcome...I can't wait to share my experience with all of you!

Pachyderm said:
I bought my first recipe from the Home Beer, Wine and Cheese Shop in Woodland Hills, CA. It's an English Porter.
Hey Andrew, welcome aboard from another L.A. brewer! That's a great shop, they will certainly help guide you in the right direction. I generally stop in there every few weeks.

Porter is a good choice for a first brew, pretty straightforward and dark & flavorful enough to conceal any minor mistakes.

Welcome from another Angelino! Let us know how this one turns out and we can definately help on further brews. Good luck!

Thanks for making me feel welcome.

Yeah, I'm thinking about joining the falcons, but I feel like a boy scout without any badges. Is it as cool as I've heard?

Welcome from another LA homebrewer. I live in Santa Clarita and make the occasional drive to Woodland Hills LHBS to stock up. My advice, go AG as soon as you can.

Back