Greetings from Jacksonville FL!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Babybatch

Reaction score
Hi! I'm Dan.

I've been interested in trying to home brew since I tasted my brothers fantastic IPA but I was putting off buying the equipment until a better time. Low and behold when I arrived home from work yesterday I had a big box from Northern Brewer sitting on the steps! Thank you Bro!

:ban:

It came with an American Wheat Beer Extract Kit. I can't wait to make it.

Needless to say I'm stoked!! Also a little nervous. I don't want to screw it up.

I'm also looking to the future... I'd love to try new things and get creative but I think that I should just stick to the ropes and learn a few things first. I plan on doing extensive research and reading some of the awesome articles here on the site but what do you guys think is the best approach for an ABSOLUTE beginner to start spreading their wings?

Howdy from NC :)

Northern brewer has pretty good instructions with thier kits. They're what I started brewing with.

I always recommend new brewers check out "how to brew" online (you can read it for free on the author's site). I pretty much read the first couple chapters and started brewing. it's good enough to get enough grasp to feed some yeasties ;)

Thanks for the reply! I've been reading voraciously! I have bought "How to Brew" and I'm actually on the chapter about yeast. After doing a little reading I was almost dead set on doing a PM Belgian Dubbel for my first. So I went about looking for a mini fridge or freezer to handle temp control. In the end I have decided that my little space can not really accommodate a mini fridge of a freezer. And I also decided that I should just go ahead and brew my American Wheat as my first brew and grow from there. I'm nearly ready for my first brew day! I'm sure that I could have already done it but I do not regret all the reading and youtubing that I have done.

I have enough bottle now so that is good. I also purchased a Cool-Brewing Fermentation Cooler which I think will suit me needs just fine for fermentation temp control. I just have one last thing that I would like to have before brew day and that is a wort chiller. I plan on making my own. With all of that and a little help from Gambrinus I think I'll be on my way!

Back