Greetings from Grayson Ga!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianMac

Reaction score
First time, long time.
I brewed a bunch in my twenties, then the kids came, and career and etc. Now the kids are in middle and high school, and with my 4 day work week (don't hate) I have some time to do it right.
I have a 8 gal BK and a 48 TM and I'm all about all grain ales.

Below is a quick shot of my last brewing session.

Just getting back into it, building what I can, and learning what I can.

My next batch (I'll brew with my visiting step father on 10/3) will be a Christmas Ale to be drunk and given away during the holidays. If anyone would like to suggest a receipt, I would be glad to have the suggestion. Right now I'm thinking a Sierra Nevada, Anchor or Great Lakes clone.

Regards,

BrianMac
Grayson Ga.

20140919_120259_resized.jpg

Welcome man! Awesome that you're getting back into it!

For a Christmas time beer though, I might consider something besides the basic SN Pale. Even an aged pumpkin ale might be better suited. Perhaps a morebeer kit aimed at that particular time of year?

Either way, welcome and have fun my friend. I have some friends from GA and there aint no better people to hunt, fish, and drink beer with!

Howdy from Sheffield, OH! I usually do a oaked bourbon stout, known socially as "Whiskely" from colonial times up to prohibition. Or a robust porter with vanilla beans. I brew partial mash biab myself.

Greetings BrianMac,
Glad that you are getting back into the brewing. Nothing like the smell of a fresh batch of wort boiling away. If you need anything, we are located in Stockbridge and offer $6.99 Flat Rate Shipping on most items. Check us out at www.barleynvine.com

Barley and Vine

Welcome Brian, glad to see you getting back into it.

Operation Homebrew has relocated from Lilburn to your front door.
They are at Hwy 78 and Coopers Road. Andrew and Angie are the owners and are having their grand opening this Saturday the 4th. Drop by and say hi. I plan to be there brewing in the parking lot.

Jeff

Jeff, sorry I missed the grand opening, I tried to make it, but the kids had soccer from 10 AM til 5 PM. But I'm sipping a SNPA clone I made a few weeks back. Also, Andrew knows me well lately ;)

Back