Greetings from ENC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen Perry

Barnyard Brewer
Reaction score
Greetings everyone, my name is Stephen and I'm from eastern NC. I am relatively new to the homebrew scene, I've been brewing for almost a year. Started out with an intro to homebrewing class at my local community college, taught by a very knowledgeable homebrewer that's been brewing for over 20+ years.

I'm about 10 or so batches in, started out with extract, and still do some just to focus on my brewing practices, but I have been getting into all grain. Just got my first keggle made so am excited about that. I've been reading these forums alot for when I get curious about techniques or wanting to try things, or more recently, when I'm having concerns. (Currently have an oatmeal stout, all grain, that I visibly can not see as actively fermenting after 72 hours, and checking every 12.)

Hope to make some good friends and grow in this hobby that I've become borderline obsessed with!

Welcome to the obsession @Stephen Perry . Nice to hear from someone else in ENC. what temp is your oatmeal stout? You might try letting it warm up a couple of degrees.

Welcome to the obsession @Stephen Perry . Nice to hear from someone else in ENC. what temp is your oatmeal stout? You might try letting it warm up a couple of degrees.

Thanks @Coastalbrew , glad to be apart of it and nice to meet you.

I actually posted about that in the fermentation thread. I set my chamber to 66, checked this morning and the carboys were right at 65. So I bumped my inkbird up to 69

[Mod. EDIT] Here's the OP's thread:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/no-visible-activity-after-72hrs.672066/#post-8716047

Last edited by a moderator:
Back