Greetings from Chicagoland!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nowotny

Reaction score
My best friend and I started brewing last November after he bought one of those “beginner” brewing kits found on Living Social for about $60. We started with some of the ready-made recipe kits and after about 8 or 9 batches, tried our first batch with an original recipe. We entered that beer in a local Binny’s/Sam Adams sponsored homebrew contest, about a week ago, to get some feedback and received a score of 27 out of 50 possible points, three points away from “very good”. Not bad for our first recipe!

Looking for more information on the science of brewing, how and what additional tests we should do during the brewing process, and what we need to do to graduate to all grain brewing.

Welcome fellow Chicago-lander!

Great job on the first contest! In the short time I have been here I have found myself looking at many upgrades and changes to my setup here and have found plenty of knowledge at my fingertips.

Enjoy your stay!

Welcome fellow Chicago-lander!

Great job on the first contest! In the short time I have been here I have found myself looking at many upgrades and changes to my setup here and have found plenty of knowledge at my fingertips.

Enjoy your stay!

Thank you!

Yeah, I'm deciding to buy or build my own mash tun at the moment. Never thought I'd be growing my own hops either, but should be ready for next year!

Latest posts

Back