Greetings All

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gusterbrau

Reaction score
Returning to one of my favorite hobbies after taking a few years off to staighten out a few health issues. Back on track now and very anxious.
I'm a Fifteen Year, All Grain, Whole Hops, 5 Gal Batch, All Electric, Homemade RIMS brewer, in the middle of a corn field 30 miles NE of St. Louis, operating at about 85% efficiency as of the last few batches. I'm hoping to figure out what it is I'm doing wrong, and hopefully get back down to a respectable 65-70%. Or maybe not.
Looking forward to all the excellent info within these pages.

Hi Gusterbrau,

I thought I'd give you a shout since we're the only two without a reply in this room. I'm checking to see if I have boogers hanging out my nose.

Oh well, maybe somebody will recognize us. I joined last night after our brew session. I met a member of the boards here at our LHBS on Saturday. He's from Illinois and told me about the site. I was fairly active on HBA'a Brewboard. It's mostly a younger crowd I believe. Not bad though.

I hear this board is pretty serious, so, I'm looking forward to it.

I'm an all grain brewer, whole hops, 5 gallon batches (for now; changing soon). We started out with all grain and I have no regrets. We're enjoying the beer we make, and are trying to tweak our house recipe right now to get perfection!

Hop head and IPA lover here.

Anyway, welcome, and cheers!

Al :mug:

notbob said:
...I met a member of the boards here at our LHBS on Saturday. He's from Illinois and told me about the site...I hear this board is pretty serious, so, I'm looking forward to it...Al :mug:

Hey, Al! It was me, Bill.

Everyone, meet Al. I met a bunch of other guys too. Let's see there was Dave and Benny.

We ended up having a few samples. There was Bennie's White Zinfandel. Great flavor/appearance, etc. I really enjoyed it.

I can't recall (at this moment) the name of the guy who had the Scottish Ale with the peat malt. A very tasty brew.

Well, I have to go to work...later.

Back