Great HOP pricing going on!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm dividing tonight!

I measured with the bags and my leafs are over by 4 oz and pellets over by 2. how much do the bags weigh everyone?

Took about a week to process my 2# order and it's en route now...so about two weeks to the door hopefully. I can't imagine how busy they are.

They are swamped. Mine took 7 days or so, and I never received a shipping email. I called them, they are extremely friendly and helpful. I'm just grateful they deal at all with our tiny orders.

Ordered on 9/15 received on 9/28. About two weeks to process and ship 4 lbs to Ohio. Not terrible but definitely longer than I expected.

Luckily I plan my brews at least a month in advance, so no harm done to my plans.

They are swamped. Mine took 7 days or so, and I never received a shipping email. I called them, they are extremely friendly and helpful. I'm just grateful they deal at all with our tiny orders.

I'm very grateful to them too. I was even accused of having low self esteem one time because I mentioned that they can ride me on delivery time and I was grateful that they would even deal with me.

Their prices are awesome, and their service is as good as can be expected considering the size and nature of their business.

Most companies like this would simply not deal with us home brewers. For THAT I am grateful. :)

Anybody use this foodsaver model 2040 before? Only $60

I want to split my 5 lbs into jars and this may be the best option right now. No luck on craigslist or searching for a deal.

I want to split my 5 lbs into jars and this may be the best option right now. No luck on craigslist or searching for a deal.

I just took delivery of that from buy.com on thursday. I'll probably be using it later today along with the mason jar attachment.

My plan is to put 1/2lb in a mason jar that I can get in an out of easily and reseal the rest in the original bag for longer term storage.

And if you apply for the credit card you can take another $30 off, which is what I did.

Holy smokes --- Thanks, Roqk!
I just ordered 1 lb. of Cascade and 1 lb. of Willamette pellets. I've never bought hops in this quantity before and am excited to brew with an even heavier hand on the hops!
I just bought 1 oz. of UK Fuggles for $3.50 at the LBHS a few days ago. This is a no-brainer! Thanks again for the heads up.

Got my stuff a while back (9 lb). Have been opening packages as I brew - pellets have been consistently 2 oz over. Total was, IIRC, $97 - got a teeny bit over 10 lb. Average price of $.60/oz.

Compare that to my LHBS's 2.40 an ounce... I'll continue using them for specialty grains and "crap I forgot..." products but I'm done with them for base grain (.60/lb elsewhere vs 1.25 there) and hops.

Got my stuff a while back (9 lb). Have been opening packages as I brew - pellets have been consistently 2 oz over. Total was, IIRC, $97 - got a teeny bit over 10 lb. Average price of $.60/oz.

Compare that to my LHBS's 2.40 an ounce... I'll continue using them for specialty grains and "crap I forgot..." products but I'm done with them for base grain (.60/lb elsewhere vs 1.25 there) and hops.

Just wondering where you're getting the 60 cents/pound base grain? Does that include shipping? Cheapest I can find it from anyone is 80 cents/pound delivered from North Country Malt, and any of the homebrew websites are closer to $1.40 for me.

I can get my base grains from Mid Country 55lbs for $27... but it is close enough to drive to pick up.

That is $.49/lb

I can get my base grains from Mid Country 55lbs for $27... but it is close enough to drive to pick up.

Ahh, I think North County is similar before shipping, but I can't justify a 5-6 hour roundtrip drive in my Jeep to save $20/bag.

Just wondering where you're getting the 60 cents/pound base grain? Does that include shipping? Cheapest I can find it from anyone is 80 cents/pound delivered from North Country Malt, and any of the homebrew websites are closer to $1.40 for me.

brewbrothers.biz in the portland, OR area. Picked up price (I have family there) - Doesn't help ya too much since I'm in the copycat Albany...

2 HCLUP1 Cluster Pellet Hops
1 lb. $ 6.75 $ 13.50
1 HCEP1 Centennial Pellet Hops
1 lb. $ 10.75 $ 10.75
2 HWILP1 Willamette Pellet Hops
1 lb. $ 6.75 $ 13.50
1 HNBGRP1 Northern Brewer (GR) Pellet Hops
1 lb. $ 13.75 $ 13.75
1 HUSGP1 U.S. Golding Pellet Hops
1 lb. $ 9.75 $ 9.75
Sub-Total: $ 61.25
UPS Ground Shipping: TBD
Total: $ 61.25

thats 7lbs of hops for 61 bucks
or 112oz for $0.54 an oz

here is the same hops at my lhbs prices thay only sale by the ounce
Qty.
Description
Unit Price
Price

Pellet Hops Centennial (4205)
$3.25 $52.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pellet Hops Cluster (4215)
$2.95 $94.40

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pellet Hops Kent Golding (UK) (4166)
$3.95 $63.20

Pellet Hops Northern Brewer (German) (4175)
$2.95 $47.20

Pellet Hops Willamette (2095C)
$3.95 $126.40

Total: $383.20

now if i could only find cheep bulk base malt

I got 2009 leaf hops from them, Centennial and Cascades. I repackaged them yesterday, and forgot to mark the AA on the new packages. Unfortunately, the original packaging went out this morning in the trash.

Can anyone that got 2009 leaf hops tell me what their alpha acids were on Centennial and Cascade? I think mine was 10.5 and 7, but I really don't remember...

Edit -- found on their web site:
Centennial - 11.5
Cascade - 5.7

I bought 8lbs of hops from them about a week or 2 before the sale, wrote them an email asking if they do any sort of price adjustments. Not really expecting anything but figured would hurt to try.

Fast forward a couple of week and what do I find? 5lbs of free hops at my doorstep! I will DEFINITELY be doing business with them again in the future. :rockin:

Quality is our most important factor.

We have incorporated rigid guidelines as growers that we must adhere to. We stand behind our product. The variety you order is the variety we have grown, harvested, and shipped directly from the farm to you. It is a continual matter of pride, viewing our hop fields and knowing we are giving you our very best.

As hop farmers, we are able to provide hops that are handled with care and dried at the precise temperatures. Our hops are kept in cold storage year-round both on the farm and in the warehouse. The Puterbaugh Farm stencil on your bale is our guarantee that you are receiving our highest quality hops.

Know what's awesome? Calculating the ibu/hbu for your standby brews and having custom vacuum packs ready to go. Sweet.

My order took 13 days and was $10 for shipping to SA, TX. I got an extra 9oz total. I will definately order again.

A question for the vetrans...
I just got a notice that I have 8lbs of hop pellets delivered sitting on my front porch.

My original plan was to split it up right away and put it in the freezer. My question is: Since I won't be using all the varieties right away, am I better off leaving them in the original packaging in the freezer and dividing after I open for the first time or should I go ahead and divide them now?

Thanks for any advise...
Ed

it's the one i used to seal all mine. is my dads, but i bought my own (older model from garage sale) after i packaged all my hops.

I just got a notice that I have 8lbs of hop pellets delivered sitting on my front porch.

My original plan was to split it up right away and put it in the freezer. My question is: Since I won't be using all the varieties right away, am I better off leaving them in the original packaging in the freezer and dividing after I open for the first time or should I go ahead and divide them now?

Thanks for any advise...
Ed

divide after opening.

Thanks for any advise...
Ed

If you have a vacuum sealer, just do which ever is more convenient for you.

If you do not have a vacuum sealer, leaving them in their current package is you best bet (while you go get a sealer ;) ).

Back