Great fall/autumn flavors to add?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bh750

Reaction score
I'm still new here but have the basics down to making some easy simply cider. My favorite is something with a fall or autumn spice. I have a small bottle of apple extract that I add on occasion to make my batch more apply.

What kinds of flavors / spices have people added in the past that would be good for fall?

I made a Cyser this summer with cloves for drinking in the fall months , tasted good with a stole a sip while bottling , used like 4 cloves per 1 gallon bottle

Been meaning to post an update here. I went out looking for the spices and in the spice section of the grocery store I found this! I really think it give a nice, fall-ish taste. And it great b/c you can add a couple drops, taste, add some more. Much easier than guessing at how many cloves to drop in and so forth. Its very concentrated so I used maybe 0.5 to 1.0 ML in a single gallon. Shake up and taste.

spice.png

So sorry not getting back to you on this. Super easy, I just add it after carbing and before bottling. In fact I have a feeling the flavor dissipates over time and this can be added back as needed.

I'm gonna be tossing a whole cinnamon stick in a couple of my gallon secondaries...

Back