Grains fot a fruit beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastTony

Reaction score
Hello everyone I was going to start a high gravity fruit infused ale. Something similar to soft parade i am just curious to know some good grains and Malts to use wit this an extract brew. I'm not set up for all grain yet.
Any info will help.

I'd look for a good recipe on this forum. There's a whole database of tested recipes here. You can probably find what you're looking for.

BTW - I noticed you posted this in a few places. Generally, you should only post in one area.

Thanks for the reply. I did not want to really go off a recipe just kinda freestyle it and see what happened.
Maybe a good idea maybe not.

Yeah I did that just because some people don't look at all the forums.

From what my research found was

Carapils, honey malt, wheat malt, crystal or Carmel malt 40lL or roasted Barley.

Depends on what type of fruit and what type of beer you are trying to make.

Your list of grains could all be used in a single recipe; but the percentage of each and yeast selection will greatly vary your style of beer.

Even if you want to create your own recipe; nothing wrong with looking how other great recipes were made and going from there. At least you'll be making more educated adjustments, form there you can then do research on grains you might want to adjust by looking them up individually...or just eating a few at the brew shop =) ...I like doing that.

Back