grain scale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sjorge3442

Reaction score
Does any one have any recommendations for a good but affordable scale that I could use for grain? I recently realized that my efficiencies were lacking, but that was due to a scale that telling me I was adding more grain than I actually was , thus my numbers were not as expected. I don't wanna break the bank but I want good accurate numbers

There are scales for $9 to more than $100. The KD8000 by MyWeigh is a very useful scale at $36.
  • weighs up to 8kg (17.5 lb) at 1 gm accuracy which permits an entire 5 gallon batch of grain or fractions of an ounce of hops.
  • large back-lit LCD is at an angle so you can see it under the grain bucket.
  • "baker's math" to weigh in percentage and easily scale a recipe up or down.
  • pre-calibrated and guaranteed accuracy
  • dust shield over the buttons and display.

I am going to get a scale soon. Although I might get a less expensive one, if I wanted a scale for once-and-done, the KD8000 would be it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been using one of these for grains . It has plenty of capacity, you can fit a 6.5g bucket on it and still easily read the display, and the 0.2oz accuracy is good for grains (I do use a much smaller, more accurate digital postage scale for hops)...

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back