Grain mill to also make flour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thrstyunderwater

Reaction score
I have a Corona grain mill. I like it, I don't love it. I'm looking to roller mills but also want to be able to make flour and ideally corn meal. With the way I bake if the corn meal was more like flour that would be fine. Does anyone have a recommendation for a roller mill that can make flour? In an ideal world there would be only 1 passthrough.

I have a Corona grain mill. I like it, I don't love it. I'm looking to roller mills but also want to be able to make flour and ideally corn meal. With the way I bake if the corn meal was more like flour that would be fine. Does anyone have a recommendation for a roller mill that can make flour? In an ideal world there would be only 1 passthrough.

Not sure you are going to find what you want just because of the mechanics involved. Knurled rollers cannot grind fine enough for flour and I am not sure ANY homeowner grade roller mill can.

Good to know. Are there any roller mills that can handle corn at any level? Perhaps I can do a really fast pregrind with a roller and then turn it into flour/corn meal with a Corona.

I would assume anything that can provide a gap big enough for the feed can "crack" corn.

How are you coming by so much dried corn kernels where you cannot just obtain them already made into corn meal? Google showing 50lbs of cornmeal at about $15. I'm sure it's a pia to ship, but there's got to be sources near you.
Do you grow corn? Does corn for baking stale like malted grains for brewing where you can't have it milled somewhere?

(These are honest questions, not trying to be snarky)

How are you coming by so much dried corn kernels where you cannot just obtain them already made into corn meal? Google showing 50lbs of cornmeal at about $15. I'm sure it's a pia to ship, but there's got to be sources near you.
Do you grow corn? Does corn for baking stale like malted grains for brewing where you can't have it milled somewhere?

(These are honest questions, not trying to be snarky)

I don't think you're snarky.

I'm wanting to use some heirloom corns. I can't buy them turned into corn meal, gotta do it myself.

Back