Grain Mill Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrFinstad

Reaction score
So I was a dumb ass and tried turning my grain mill with this crappy old drill. Unfortunately it stripped a metal off the drive shaft on the mill. My dumb assery has driven me to finally invest in a motor, but I'm worried it will be hard to mount a sheeve or coupler because the diameters all messed up.

Any advice on salvaging the mill. I have a JSP Maltmill, and here's a picture of the damage.
IMG_5953.jpg

IMG_5952.jpg

IMG_5951.jpg

I'm sure there a number of things you could do to get a sheave/adapter to fit. Building it back up a little with some JB Weld comes to mind.

I was worried this would happen to me some day with the way my shank looked after the first time I used it. You could always keep doing what you're doing, just get a dremmel and shave some grooves into it for the drill to grab onto. If you don't have one, everyone should. It is by far my most used tool.

Latest posts

Back