Grain drawing needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FullDraw

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm working on printing out some shirts with my logo, but the resolution is too low. I can always make my font bigger, but the clip arts I'm finding are too small. Does anyone have (or can point me towards) a large (2mp or better) picture of grain. I'm thinking our standard barley, but classic, not new age. Maybe a close wheat pic. I'm stumped right now.

Hope you can help. On the small scale, I really like my logo.
Something like this...
E7701789-Ears_of_barley,_woodcut-SPL.jpg

Thanks gang.

*update* I think I've got it figured out, just want some feedback.

Autotracing in Illustrator is where you want to be to get it into Vector. At that point you could crank the size to a billboard and it won't lose resolution.

It would look a lot better to separate the Full Draw so that it's not overlaying the barley. If you

I could take a picture of some developing barley grains and email it to you. I don't have any mature grains because I harvest before maturity. Let me know if you're interested.

BobbyM's got me on the right path. Just took forever to download the trial. I'll mess with it a bit. BD5, thanks for the offer, I'll pass for now.

How's this. Illustrator isn't that tough to figure out. Just had to redo my paint project first. Size is about 10 inches across. Looking to put on a shirt. Maybe stretch it more.
Test4.jpg

I like the words off the graphics. How does the spacing look?

I think the autotrace took some of the character out of the text. Do you still have the font? If so, I'd re-type it in illustrator. The barley and arrow are great. Another thing to do is play with the threshold a little to keep some detail.

OK, Redid the Font in Illustrator. Looks nicer. I actually like how trace smoothed things out on the graphic. Couple of clicks later, here we are. Size takes it 12" wide. Large enough for any of my shirts. Thanks.
Final-Draft-1.jpg

Back