Grad Student Brewer in Cali

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adc123

Reaction score
Hi All, long time troll, first time poster! These forums are always a wealth of info for my homebrewing needs, and now that my techniques are more refined and my questions more complex I need to stop just reading and get into it!

I started brewing about a year ago with a extract kit and supplies from Midwest Supplies. I liked my beer and their offerings. I brewed about three kits until I had to take a hiatus, but now I am back in full swing. I bottled a extract Steam clone (or what was suppose to be!) about a month ago, just about to bottle a big Stout that I added pureed cherries to, and once the fermenter is clean I am doing a Saison. I think the saison will be my last extract kit and I will jump over to all grain with the same style saison but all grain from NB. Ill repitch the saison cake. I have felt that my beers have been too malty (they were all extracts and all kits) so I wonder if all grain will make a difference. Plus the control of the grains is appealing. I can't keg yet because I have no refrigeration space.

Thats enough for now, lets brew!

Back