Got to taste my first

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hemidoc

Reaction score
Just getting into this hobby. Been meaning to for years, but was always turned off by the guys that would have me try a homebrew from a bottle that I had to pour into a glass and it was still flat. Tastey but flat.
Well a few weeks ago I said F it I'll give it a shot and not richard around.
Bought a starter kit from Morebeer.com and a light ale kit.
The largest kettle I had was three gallons so I had to do a partial boil.
Well did the boil and let it sit in the primary for 8 days. Then visited the LHBS and did some checking and found I needed to move it since my FG had been reached.
So bought a keg kit and cold crashed what was in the primary in a secondary for two days. Then put into the keg at 20 psi for 2 days
Just had a glass now 12 days from start..... Very good.. Way better than the yellow fizz I bought at the gas station to get by.
Should get even better if I can let it age instead of drinking it:mug:

First home brewed beer ever... a banner day. Congrats... you'll be a practicing novice like me in no time!!! it's only taken me 10 years to be the beginner that I am. Wouldn't have it any other way... this hobby is too much fun.

Back