Got Stout?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildbill

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good extract reciepy for a stout. I've dabled mostly with allgrain but cant crank it out fast enough to fill my new bourbon barrel :)

Thanks!:mug:

My favorite so far was an American stout, following the recipe in Brewing Classic Styles. I had to make some minor changes, but used nugget bitterers and willamette flavor hops. I also didn't use as much chocolate malt as the recipe called for but that seemed to bring out the hop flavor and I love it.
7lb dry light extract
1lb roasted barley
2/3lb crystal malt, 60L
1/4lb chocolate malt
1oz Nugget hops 60 min
1oz Willamtte hops 8min

Shaggy, just remember to add in the oatmeal!

My brother and I were about 20 mins in before he asked me "what are you suppose to do with this little packet of oatmeal?"

It still turned out ok, we added it late, but it's what I like to call "light" stout.

Shaggy, just remember to add in the oatmeal!

My brother and I were about 20 mins in before he asked me "what are you suppose to do with this little packet of oatmeal?"

It still turned out ok, we added it late, but it's what I like to call "light" stout.

LOL!
I didn't even open the kit yet so I need to keep my eye out!
I was going to brew tomorrow but it seems as I'll have to wait till next weekend unfortunately.

:mug:

Latest posts

Back