Got an inter-company interview for a perm position today at 4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HR is calling me at 2. This is really happening. My stomach has become a soup of acid, bile and coffee. Here's to hoping all the news is good and they sneak anything in there at the last minute.

Wow. Ok. No particulars on the money end yet... but I know its a lot. Plus benefits, overtime, etc. More work than I have been used to for the past two years, but I can handle that. Shorter commute, but longer hours.

This means a lot of things...

If I come online tonight posting a lot of random things you can disregard. It just means it has fully hit me and Im drinking.

Im making something smelly for dinner and celebrating. Maybe I'll buy a cigar...

They are terrible negotiators. I told them what I was asking for, and they offered me 3k MORE than that ;)

This is a real gamechanger. If I can adjust to the new position and keep the right people happy, issues with money and insurance will rapidly start to erode.

I'm very very happy.

CreamyGoodness said:
They are terrible negotiators. I told them what I was asking for, and they offered me 3k MORE than that ;)

This is a real gamechanger. If I can adjust to the new position and keep the right people happy, issues with money and insurance will rapidly start to erode.

I'm very very happy.

Nice! Congrats

I'm very very happy.

I hope it works out well for you Creamy, Congratulations! :mug:
Regards, GF.

I'm very very happy.

Remember this when you ask for a raise. They had a number in their minds and you low-balled them, so they tacked on $3K to make you feel good. It is still less than the number they were prepared to hand you.

Keep them happy, but also keep score. Always be able to point to how they are getting a deal out of you. You deserve.

Congrats and rock on dude.

I'm very very happy.

Remember slick.

mo_money_mo_problems.jpg

Sorry, I know that Im now bragging obnoxiously.

The offer letter and benefits package came through on Saturday. 401K match (unheard of these days, never had a match before). Access to a gym (like I work out), pre-tax transit, company store discounts, discounts with certain vendors around the city. Perks out the nose. Its hard to not do the touch down dance in polite company.

Congrats Creamy. Good benefits are always nice. My best benefit from an interview was when the interviewer said "Do you drink soda? There is a soda machine in the break room, 55 cents each, but beer an wine are free." Turns out they had a keg of Guinness on tap and a stocked wine fridge going. I enjoyed that portion of working there for almost 5 years. The CEO sucked though.

DrunkleJon said:
Congrats Creamy. Good benefits are always nice. My best benefit from an interview was when the interviewer said "Do you drink soda? There is a soda machine in the break room, 55 cents each, but beer an wine are free." Turns out they had a keg of Guinness on tap and a stocked wine fridge going. I enjoyed that portion of working there for almost 5 years. The CEO sucked though.

Wow! Was that a brewery or just a bunch of alcoholics?

Naw, we were the GC. And I was their IT. Not to mention there being a guideline that it would end if it got in the way of productive work.

Back