Goodbye Summer : (

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good riddance. It's 50 out here too and I couldn't be happier, bring on the brewing season. I am so sick of sweating it out in my garage having nightmares about the abundance of unknown contaminates floating around in the air.

That made me laugh! I'm the same way, I just brewed today and every time I saw a bug fly by, I was on him like a fat lady on a hot dog. Stupid bugs.

I didn't see anyone mention the short days. I would pick summer over any other season anytime, but not to say I don't find them enjoyable in their own way but the short days kill me. I work til 6pm and even now I am lucky to catch 1/2 hour of good light before the sun drops like a rock. In winter I rarely see light since I work in a room with no windows and when I walk out the door it is already dark.

That is the worst.

And for those of living in Arizona, California, Florida , etc. I'm very happy for you. Really.

I didn't see anyone mention the short days. I would pick summer over any other season anytime, but not to say I don't find them enjoyable in their own way but the short days kill me. I work til 6pm and even now I am lucky to catch 1/2 hour of good light before the sun drops like a rock. In winter I rarely see light since I work in a room with no windows and when I walk out the door it is already dark.

And for those of living in Arizona, California, Florida , etc. I'm very happy for you. Really.

hey now - don't lump all of us 'zonies in with the rest of the desert rats! :D up here in the high country of Arizona it's gonna get down to 27F this Thursday night....

Bah. I got home at lunch and put some stuff in the bread machine. After work I made some bean and bacon soup and got the kids ready for dance. Did some laundry. Had my oldest do the dishes. Wife gets home and we flirt all night while the kids were at dance.

Bedtime comes around, and she won't even come over to my side of the bed because I didn't my mattress on. Cold weather is starting to suck.

55F, cloudy, windy, rain.

Hello, Fall! Welcome back!

Summer bites here. Blazing sun, bone dry, windless. Everything outside dies. It's like being back in Las Vegas without the entertainment.

It was 54° when I went for my run this morning at 6:00 - and it was glorious. I love fall - and it really kicks off my brewing season in a big way. We're three weeks into our fall rugby season and I'm beginning to gear up for big pots of stews and soups, hearty breads and rich, malty beers.

Hell. Yes. :rockin:

I do like it when it gets cold though because I can burn wood in the stove. I love attending the fire, the warmth it gives, sitting by it in the living room watching TV, seeing it burning off in the distance as I fiddle in the kitchen and the fact it heats the whole house so the heat never even comes on.

I also like sleeping with the window open or cracked open when it is really cold while under a down comforter. I sleep and breath better. A hot breakfast is better on a cold weekend morning too.

.....but I still prefer summer with the long warm/hot days.

Yeah, there's no pleasure quite like doing something to get warm when it's chilly out.

Long hot shower, cooking out, sauna, fireplace, bourbon toddies, hot tubbin'... feeling relaxed already just thinking about it.

I love snow storms too, but in NJ really bad ones are rare and with the job I have it actually kind of sucks. I miss the old days when a big snow storm meant a day off from work and making pancakes and sausage instead, then taking a long walk in the snow.

I need to move back somewhere where winter resembles winter, maybe not 5 foot of snow, but at least an occasional dusting. maybe I could move up to northern AZ. or Colorado, maybe even Alabama

Yeah, there's no pleasure quite like doing something to get warm when it's chilly out.

Long hot shower, cooking out, sauna, fireplace, bourbon toddies, hot tubbin'... feeling relaxed already just thinking about it.

Yeah I like that too, kind of like survival instincts except for wusses. :D

Bring on the Snow bunnies!

Not sure how your wife takes to the non-summer seasons but this is my wife's first experience of a season that isn't associated with how much it rains. 65-70 during the day and down into the 40s at night here in the mountains at the moment and all I hear is: "Aku mau mati sama dingin!" I can't keep a window open or the thermostat below 80. Any advice of turning an "Equator Bunny" into a "Snow Bunny?" :cross:

Oh yeah...and a belated Selamat Hari Raya.

I am going to be buying a new snow blower this year!!! Whooo hoooo.

Bring on the record breaking snow!!! I can hope can't I. The last two years have been a return for SE Wisconsin to good winters and cool summers. This is why I love living here. Hopefully we get a ton of snow again!!!!

When it gets cold enough that you lose feeling in your extremities within 5 minutes, have to put on more than 3 articles of clothing, and more than 10 local traffic accidents are reported per hour... that's when I prefer to stay inside and play Wii. Or temporarily relocate as work will allow :D

My wife's a total snow bunny. She'll go out in a t-shirt and shorts when it's 40 degrees out. Growing up she was one of those crazy northerners that would strip down and jump into 30-degree water then go warm up in the sauna.

I say good riddance. It just FINALLY got below 90 degrees.... well, actually, with Reno's crazy weather it went from 95 on Monday to 82 on Tuesday to 58 today.

My wife's a total snow bunny. She'll go out in a t-shirt and shorts when it's 40 degrees out. Growing up she was one of those crazy northerners that would strip down and jump into 30-degree water then go warm up in the sauna.

Got any pictures?? ;)

our summer just ended last week. All of a sudden. It's funny how it's like 70-80, the the next it's 50's and summer is over.
Enjoying my first round of Fall Disc golf today. Going from sweating last week in shorts and tshirts in the muggy woods, to Jeans and a fleece and the cool crisp air this week. I'm looking forward to playing in the weather as long as it lasts.

Damnit I hate cold weather. It just started getting cold. Summer here has been great - we only had a few really hot days. So I assume winter is going to be terrible. Last winter we had another ice storm. Maybe we'll get an ice tornado, or at least some more ThunderSnow! Weather here is ridiculous. It will seriously snow one day, and be 70+*F 2 days after. Or just cover everything in ice. My car had more than an inch thick sheet of ice covering the whole thing. Turned parking lots into ice skating rinks. End rant.

There's one of her in a bikini in Hawaii several pages back in the Tap Room. That's all you get :cross:

I give up, couldn't find it. :( I never posted in that thread and never followed it. I don't understand the its purpose. I remember they day it started though.

Fine with me - I love fall beers! And Halloween is my favorite holiday, so I've actually been doing pretty well lately. I love this time of year.

I don't understand the its purpose.
That is it's purpose, to not serve a purpose. It's an online taproom to discuss the same random BS you would with people in a real taproom. Human conversation, whatever comes up.

Just search under brownies posts. He doesn't have that many that are worth anything ;)
there we go

Yesterday was awesome. PLay rfom 5:15 to about 7:30. Weather was great. it was 51 when I left work. A little chilly when I got there but I warmed up by practice hole 3 into a nice comfortable temperature instead of heating up to exhaustion. I shot 1 under.

That is it's purpose, to not serve a purpose. It's an online taproom to discuss the same random BS you would with people in a real taproom. Human conversation, whatever comes up.

QUOTE]

I thought we have 3 forums dedicated to just that so I guess I didn't understand needing a thread to discuss whatever you want. :confused:

I thought we have 3 forums dedicated to just that so I guess I didn't understand needing a thread to discuss whatever you want. :confused:

But with a typical thread, it has a topic, the topic gets old/discussed, the thread dies. This thread is just plain ongoing conversation without having to start a new thread every 5 minutes when the topic changes.

Back