Good ol' Texas whoopin'

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if McCoy would make a huge difference. Texas is supposedly the No. 1 rush defense in the country and it's getting run over.

They play in the big 12, everyone passes in that conference, not too much rushing going on.

I was hoping for a 49-48 game. Now, we might get a 49-6 game.

MY OH MY. They got a little football game going on there all of the sudden.

With Colt in that would have been a win. The way a rookie was able to get two TD's you now Colt could have got 4. Oh well what a time to have your first game of the year, hey rook, go win the BCS......

tcu had some hot cheerleaders. are they all hogs in idaho?

the bcs championship game sucked big ones...

So... how long has it been since Alabama beat Texas?

If wiki answers is to be believed, this is the first time ever...

Texas and Alabama will meet for the ninth time in the 2009 BCS National Championship Game. Since their first meeting in 1902, the Longhorns lead the series 7-0-1. The last time they met was the 1982 Cotton Bowl with Texas winning 14-12.

Texas vs. Alabama Game History

1902: Texas 10, Alabama 0
1915: Texas 20, Alabama 0
1922: Texas 19, Alabama 10
1947: Texas 27, Alabama 7
1960: Texas 3, Alabama 3
1964: Texas 21, Alabama 17
1972: Texas 17, Alabama 13
1981: Texas 14, Alabama 12

Roughly 10 hours.

rimshot.gif

Bama intentionally took out the QB...Texas still played a great game with a Freshmen QB. I think they would have won if Bama didnt play dirty...JMO.

Dirty??? they barely hit the guy and he went off the field like a giant sissy.

NFL teams watching that game will see that this kid is an injury nightmare and his stock should drop accordingly.

The only reason Bama didn't win by 30 is that they screwed the pooch on an early fake punt crap and taking more than the first quarter for the offense to finally show up and start running all over this team.

This defense is a joke. I love the BCS, but I think it's stupid that florida dropped so far after the SEC championship loss, as they deserved the chance to avenge the loss and try to get that #1 spot back. They wouldn't have won, but they deserved that shot more than any other team.

Colt McCoy is certainly not an injury nightmare. He played a solid 4 years and this was his first substantive injury. Anyone can be hurt if the impact is just in the correct spot. The news I'm reading said he wanted back in, was in minimal pain, but had no strength in his throwing arm. Whether or not he turns out to be uinjury prown as an adult remains to be seen, but there is certainly no evidence to suggest he is an injury nightmare. I suspect once the injury is identified and resolved Colts next headline is: Colt McCoy, coming to an NFL team near you soon

Colt McCoy has been called Cart McCoy because of his tendency to leave the field on a cart rather than on foot. He most certainly is injury prone. At least he didn't cry like Tebow.

Colt started 53 straight games, doesn't sound like an injury issue to me. Get your facts straight and stop repeating idiots. He had one injury in his freshman year, then took a savage late hit that got him carted off the field. Classless idiots started calling him cart McCoy for that.

As far as defense, you realize Alabama got 3 first downs in the second half that weren't from penalties. I'd say Texas played far better defense in the second half than Alabama did.

Also, TCU, Boise State and Cincinnati would all have lost to Alabama, Texas or Florida. Didn't Cincinnati go into the game against Florida ranked 4th? And got their butt kicked?!?! I'll agree TCU and Boise State should have played a big conference team, not each other, that was just a stupid pairing.

Also, TCU, Boise State and Cincinnati would all have lost to Alabama, Texas or Florida. Didn't Cincinnati go into the game against Florida ranked 4th? And got their butt kicked?!?! I'll agree TCU and Boise State should have played a big conference team, not each other, that was just a stupid pairing.

I don't think you watched the same game I did. But we'll never know, will we? Not until we have playoffs, anyway.

I think I did.

I watched Texas/Alabama beat up on each other with the 2 best defenses in the country.

I watched TCU/Boise State do the same, but they are not as good as Alabama/Texas in my mind.

I also watched Florida beat down then #4 Cincinnati. Who most people thought was better than Boise State.

We can agree on one thing, a playoff would solve most of this crap.

Back