Good deal on Aluminum 60 qt Pots

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim4065

Reaction score
Don't know if I'm supposed to post this type of thing here but I've been thinking of a bigger pot so that I could do a few 10 gallon batches. Anyway, this pot with free shipping normally runs about $105 - so the $88 seems pretty good. I know that it's not stainless, and not super high quality, but it looks like a cheap way to get into an electric 15 gallon BK.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140355636896&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Edit: Here's the same pot from the same seller for $105.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110437346238&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

40qt is 10 gallons. 60qt is 15gal.

Right, my main question is can a 15 gallon pot adequately handle the boil of a 10 gallon batch, given the additional volume you need to start out with. I haven't done any all grain yet, so pardon the noobishness.

Right, my main question is can a 15 gallon pot adequately handle the boil of a 10 gallon batch, given the additional volume you need to start out with. I haven't done any all grain yet, so pardon the noobishness.

Not for me it isn't. I do 11 gallon batches so I can get 5.5 in each fermenter, and end up with a solid 10 gallons, my preboil is 14.88 gallons.

I use a 15 for 6 gallon batches and a 20 for 11 gallon batches.

I do 10 gallon batches without any problems in the 60-quart. I do shoot for only 5 gallons in each fermentor and my boil-off rate is about 1.5G/Hr depending on environmental conditions so I start with 11.5 or so.

Back