Goober says hey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Student7

Reaction score
I've been lurking around the forums for about the past 6 months and finally made an account a few weeks ago. Didn't notice this sub board until today so just wanted to say hi all! Haven't had much need to post anything as most of the questions I've had have already been answered in other threads. The knowledge/experience and the helpfulness of the members here is just amazing.

Years ago I brewed a few batches with a friend and this June I started brewing again and have made about 15 batches since then - mostly all grain with a few extract. All my batches are 1.5 gallons - mashed in 3gal igloo cooler, boiled stove top, fermented in 1.5 gal tap-a-draft bottles, and kegged to 5 liter mini kegs and tapped with a design by SiouxerBrewer here: http://forum.northernbrewer.com/viewtopic.php?t=61167.

I wanted to go with the small batches because I already knew I'd really enjoy it and the smaller batches give me a chance to brew more often and do a little more experimentation. Thing is, if the beer is good, 5 liters disappears pretty quickly and if it's not so good, even 5 liters can be tough to get through when there's also bottles of Sweetwater IPA in the fridge :D.

Overall I'm happy with the small batches but when I started I was mainly thinking about getting to do the fun brewing part more often and not thinking about all the other not-so-fun things that go along with every batch: cleaning, sanitizing, tapping, force carbing etc. I'll probably get some equipment to do at least 3 gallon batches at some point.

Enough rambling, just wanted to say cheers!

Welcome. I wish I didn't hate bottling (I keg) some much otherwise I would do small batches because I love brewing but hate all the other stuff too! :)

GOOB?!?!? is that you , when did you learn to compute, heck you dont even use a phone! OOPS ..wrong guy. I have a buddy we call Goob, been his nickname for 50 some years now. When he makes his wine he always says "aaaaaa close enough we just drink it up anyhows. Welcome to home brew. Cheers;)

Latest posts

Back