Going to visit Wicked Weed on Friday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hulud

Reaction score
I have never been to a brewery in NC so this is a little last minute planned day trip. My question is do they sell bottles to go?

Thanks in advance!

A pretty solid brewery but if I were you I would hit up several of the other breweries while you are in Asheville.

I am sure you can probably buy a growler or some bottles. I've been there but wasn't interested buying beer so I never looked into it.

A pretty solid brewery but if I were you I would hit up several of the other breweries while you are in Asheville.

I am sure you can probably buy a growler or some bottles. I've been there but wasn't interested buying beer so I never looked into it.

Unfortunately I'm not planning the day trip but I do want to check out WW. I thought Asheville was further from me so I will be back for sure. Where else do you recommend?

i pretty sure WW only bottles sours. Make sure you check out their funkatorium! Also, for a HUGE contrast (but still great beer) you need to hit Burial. Wedge is also in that same area, never been there but they tell me it's nice.

Buddy and I are heading to Asheville on Friday too. I'd also suggest hitting Pisgah. Bit of a drive so I like to do it early in the day and focus on the ones within walking distance later.

If you aren't aware, Bruisin ales is a great bottle shop and Thirsty Monk is a great bar.

Thumbs up on Burial - but check to make sure they're open. Pisgah, not so much - everything tastes oxidized to me.

i pretty sure WW only bottles sours. Make sure you check out their funkatorium! Also, for a HUGE contrast (but still great beer) you need to hit Burial. Wedge is also in that same area, never been there but they tell me it's nice.

That's fine by me lol I love sours. Burial is on the list as well of what we are hitting up

I would suggesst trying to go on a tour at Highland Brewing. There is nice pub and merchandise store just outside of the brewery and they have a pretty good tour and the guides are very knowledgeable. Highland was the first brewery in Asheville and got the whole scene started.

Not sure if you're aware but at most bars and restaurants in NC you can ask to taste a beer on draft before you commit to buying a full pint.

Lots of great brewery's in Asheville! I don't live far from it down in Georgia. It's one of my wife and I's favorite places to go. I loved Highland, wicked weed is great, pisgah, green man...come to think of it they're all good! I haven't had the chance to go to Sierra Nevada since they opened up there, but that's going to be a priority next time we go up there.

Back