Going to Sydney and Cairns, need recommendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tolroe

Reaction score
My wife and I are headed to the Land of Oz for two weeks in June and I'm looking for some breweries/brewpubs to visit downtown Sydney and in the Cairns area. We won't have a car, but we're fans of public transportation and don't mind walking a few miles (I should probably get used to saying kilometers). We'd like to do a walking brew tour one day in Sydney. Lord Nelson's is on the list, any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

-king street wharf brewhouse in Darling Harbour in Syd is a nice spot on the water for some craft beers.
- The Australian Heritage hotel in the rocks hosts a nice beer menu.
- Belgian Beer Cafe in the Rocks, Syd for some Belgian goodness

Definitely a good few to start with!

There was only one brewery in Cairns called blue sky brewery but due to problems with their lease they are no longer operating. My dad lives in Cairns so I will ask him to suggest some good pubs that sell craft beer for you to visit.

My wife and I are headed to the Land of Oz for two weeks in June and I'm looking for some breweries/brewpubs to visit downtown Sydney and in the Cairns area. We won't have a car, but we're fans of public transportation and don't mind walking a few miles (I should probably get used to saying kilometers). We'd like to do a walking brew tour one day in Sydney. Lord Nelson's is on the list, any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Do check the The Local Taphouse in Darlinghurst (corner of Flinders and South Dowling St) - possibly the best selection of craft brews in the city.

The Australian in the Rocks is good for food+beer, but not much of craft beers.

Lowenbrau has a pub in the Rocks as well.

I had few other suggestions in another thread: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/brisbane-australia-where-can-i-find-good-beer-325171/#post4047231

Check the Sydney section.

Enjoy the trip down under. It is a marvelous place.

Heres some info on Cairns..

Après bar and grill in palm cove has a decent selection of some. Some restaurants along the esplanade stock hoegarden or James squire etc.

Also Bluesky brewing apparently do still brew, they just dont have a restaurant attached anymore so you may find their beers at some pubs in Cairns.

Hope this helps.

Back