Going to Milwaukee next weekend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a great weekend Yoop. Please keep us posted on where you went and which places were definitely worth it. I used to live in Milwaukee 8 years ago, but wasn't too much into beer at the time to know where to go. Planning on making a weekend trip to Summerfest this year again and would like to get a good survey of other places to visit for lunch before heading to the music venues. So with that in mind, I'll be watching this thread for sure.

Have a great weekend Yoop. Please keep us posted on where you went and which places were definitely worth it. I used to live in Milwaukee 8 years ago, but wasn't too much into beer at the time to know where to go. Planning on making a weekend trip to Summerfest this year again and would like to get a good survey of other places to visit for lunch before heading to the music venues. So with that in mind, I'll be watching this thread for sure.

We're not going to some of my favorite places- that's why I started this thread! Palm Tavern, Roman's, Sugar Maple, those are great places. We're staying downtown and walking mostly, except for when I drive over to Northern Brewer.

We LOVE the Lakefront Brewery tour- that's a great one. If you go on a Friday night, you can do the fish fry and the polka band plus the tour!

Another fun summer time thing is the brewery boat tour. It starts at one of the Brewpubs (Milwaukee Ale House, Rock Bottom, Lakefront) and tours all three, going down the river on a boat. It's a really fun thing to do!

what's a good Saturday activity downtown? I'd actually like to go do a Miller Brewery tour, but I don't think I can talk the guys into it. We've done Lakefront/Sprecher/etc a few times, been the the museum more than a couple times, and I HATE shopping.

Any ideas?

Could come hang out with me at Engine 28 :p

Thanks! The weather will suck, but it's probably 15 degrees warmer there than here!

Steve called last night- he's very excited to tour the new Law building at Marquette! :D

The guys will do that, while I head off to Northern Brewer and Discount Liquor on Saturday. I have my shopping list made out, and am looking forward to the new NB store since I haven't been there.

I thought the law school suggestion got the eye roll?

I thought the law school suggestion got the eye roll?

Yes, it did. But off they went.

Then, he took ME for a drive around it, but I didn't get the grand tour. Apparently, they went into every classroom and walked the entire building.

We went to Meritage last night for dinner- phenomenal place with wonderful gourmet food and a nice wine list along with some decent beers. We had a long drawn out dinner. The prices weren't bad either, considering the prices downtown. (Meritage is out a bit- near 60th and Vliet) We had wine, drinks, appetizers, dessert, dinner, coffee and Steve had cognac, for about $140 for three of us.

HOPEFULLY as little as possible . . . working at least 24 hours and it's looking like it's about to turn into a 48 hour shift

**edit**
and at 1700hrs it turned into a 48 hour shift >.<

Sorry I missed you again this time! We went to Sprecher in the afternoon and then a walk around the lakefront and the museum. I don't know when we'll get down there again- probably not for Irish Fest this year.

Latest posts

Back