Going to Liverpool

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loweface

Reaction score
Hey All I'm catching a cheap flight to Liverpool (€20) next weekend... Anyone been? Recommend good places to go/see/drink?

Kinda funny that I be asking a group that for the most part are 15 times further from my destination than I am...

Irish guy in Liverpool? Head straight for Paddy's wigwam and ask from there. Shouldn't be any problem for you :)

Hmmmm. I was wondering whether or not I should hit save on this post or not as it could be seen as offensive. Anyway, it's not intended to be, so I'll just hit that sucker! :)

Give me a shout if you get time for the 20 minute train to Warrington.

Lots of good little back street pubs in Liverpool.
You've got to get the ferry over the mersey.

Hey Orfy I didn't realise you were so close... It's myself and my girlfriend traveling, just for the day and a half (two nights) we figured why not when the flights were so cheap and neither of us needed to book time off for it...

We were looking at going to the Blue Planet Aquarium.

Do you know if the Knowsley Safari Park has a pedestrian friendly section?

Oh and the train journey looks like 45min to me?

45 minutes on the stoppa train (every station)
20 on the express. I'm only 20 miles away.

No go on pedestrians at Knowsley I'm afraid. I used to work there.

I do the return trip every once in a while.

Cork, Dublin and Belfast in the last 12 months.

Blue planet is okay if you don't have one near you.

I'd just take a walk round soak in the culuture and go from pub to pub.
I wouldn't plan to much, the time goes quick.

Visit a tourist info first thing, get a map and a day bus pass if you want to get out of the city centre.

You can always come back.

Hey Orfy, I mentioned catching the train to Warrngton to the missus...

I was looking at bringing her for a meal, the olive press looks nice. Then possibly we could meet for a pint, and get some pointers for the touring the following day... I'll bring a bottle or two as thanks...

PM me if you're interested...

No proplem,

When are you coming, do you want to do the beer thing? I guess you have no shortage of good beer around you.
The Olive is press is "supposedly" one of the high end restaurants in Warrington.
What type of food do you like?
I presume you'll be coming in on the train at xxxx? and leaving the at some time before 11:00.
If the weather's guaranteed to be good I can BBQ if needed. I'm 5 mins from the station by car or 15 by bus.
Let me know the script and I'l PM you my phone number.
You do what ever you want to with your time. Don't feel at all obliged to visit Warrington.

Liverpool is MUCH better.

I can meet you at Wetherspoons "The fryer Penketh" if you want to meet for a pint.
Cheep beer town centre with no juke box. (Clicky)

I wish I was back in Liverpool, Liverpool Town where I was born.
There ain't no trees, no scented breeze, no fields of waving corn
But there's lots of girls with peroxide curls and the black-and-
tan flows free,
With six in a bed by the old pierhead and it's Liverpool Town for me.

Just returned from the trip and I thought I'd post some pics...

The yellow submarine...

100_1364.jpg

Entry to a beer haven...

100_1368.jpg

Meeting with Orfy...

100_1367.jpg

Back