going through the recipe motions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbruce

Reaction score
Hey all,
So! When I decide to get my beer brewin on I usually end up making 4 or 5 recipes ( because I can't decide what to make lol) then FINALLY settling on say...#3 but then brewing #4 lol soo many choices soo few fermenters! Happens every time ;-)

Anyone else find themselves going through the beer recipe motions as often as I do??

"Going through the motions" generally means doing something without any interest or desire. It doesn't sound like that's what you're doing at all, it just sounds like you're indecisive :p

Maybe brew more, but do smaller batches so you can try out all your recipes?

Yeah I do that too. I have a few "staples" that I like to keep on hand but it's hard to brew one when there are so many new ones I want to try. Then, factor in the brews that my friends/family request and it's just too much to keep up with. I do love every bit of it though.

"Going through the motions" generally means doing something without any interest or desire.

Oops..lol my bad, I guess I've heard it used with more then one context.

Lol I get super excited about each recipe and then get real indecisive ;-) not a bad thing just my routine guess.

Then definitely factor in the requests lol I do try to leap frog the requests with the other batches though. I don't have any that are in an actual rotation yet ...maybe I should, I have a Scottish ale that I just couldn't get enough of :)

A little different for me, although I do agree- so many beer styles, so little brew time.
This year I've been doing 2 or 3 style varieties, reusing the yeast.
I had my 'British Isle Brown' series- Nut Brown->Honey Porter->Scottish Wee Heavy. Just finished my Altbier series:regular Alt->Stickealt, and am going to start my lager series this coming weekend: Vienna->Oktoberfest->Dopplebock. Then in December a Belgian series: Patersbier->La Fin du Monde clone called La Fin d'LAnnee because I'll brew it New Year's Eve.That'll complete 2013. Then on to 2014 and other varieties I haven't even thought of yet.
Fun, ain't it? :mug:

Latest posts

Back