Glass or Better Bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I Am getting ready to Purchase a Carboy currently debating weather to go with glass or better bottle. I like the Fact of not having to Lug around glass but than again i would worry about scratching the plastic any opinions out there?

Either would be a fine addition to your brewing gear collection. Sounds like you are aware of the competing viewpoints.

If you look at the sticky, there is a "This vs That" thread. I went with glass, and I enjoy it. That way I feel somewhat good about slamming a few beers after I was lifting weights (full carboys). :)

I have a glass carboy. Couldn't use it on this batch because my OxyClean clumped up on the inside of it and couldn't get it out. I still enjoy the glass though.

I use both, I greatly prefer better bottles and any I buy in the future will be better bottles. But they aren't so much better I'm going to spend the money to replace my glass ones.

Back