Glass containers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h-bar

Reaction score
My homebrew club is having an event this weekend at a park, and glass bottles aren't allowed. I only bottle condition in glass right now, so I'm wondering if there's a solution that would allow me to bring beer to share. Would it be worth it for me to try pouring bottles into a PET bottle and closing the lid tightly, or will the beer just end up being flat?

I think you're SOL.

You could try cooling the beer to near freezing(33°), then transferring to a plastic container in the parking lot. It'll hold the carbonation longer, and should buy you a bit of time. Just have everybody drink your batch first!

Sure you can. the colder the beer is the better (it holds more CO2 in solution when cold).

Open bottle and pour very slowly into PET container (try not to get any head). Fill container as full as possible; try not to leave any headspace.

Back