Glad to be home with my cats today.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sablesurfer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
On the way home I passed a dog in the road. Looked like it had been recent, and the dog had a clearly visible collar.

Too many times I have been flying by on a highway, this time I could turn around and head back. I got the puppy out of the road before anyone else could run over her. Tags and collar got me the owner.

I would never want my pets to just disappear.

Waited until she could show up. Didn't want her to find Zuzu alone, by herself. When her family showed up, helped them load Zuzu up and I gave my condolences.

Zuzu looked like a very happy and good puppy. A long hair shepherd and something mix. But, she was running free, when she shouldn't have been. Pretty dog. I can tell she will be missed.

So, I am glad to be home with my three. Hope all the pet owners give their animals a scritch on the head tonight.

Oh, no, I hate when that happens.

I don't like seeing pets running free, as these things happen all too often. But still, it's very sad when a family is notified about a dead pet.

You did such an honorable thing by stopping and calling the family. You're a good guy.

Good on you. I think about this every time our dog, Buddy, gets loose. We don't intend for him to run around, but he likes to go on a walkabout for 30 minutes or so if he can sneak past someone's legs. Not much I can do to get him back except wait for his energy to subside and coax him back. During that time he's practically oblivious to the roads near our house. I just try to keep tabs on which direction he's in and listen for screeching tires.

He's probably too old to train on a radio fence, but I plan to try it again this year. He ain't dumb, just likes to run around when he can. It would be REALLY nice to be able to play outside in the yard with him unleashed.

Sorry.

(Unfortunately, my firefox or router not playing well with forums, so I cannot post any kitty pics, or beer pics for that matter.)

Back