Getting back into brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doogie

Reaction score
I used to brew a lot in the late 80's and early 90's, but along came kids and better beer could just be purchased my the end of the 90's, so I stopped. Fast forward a few years and now my daughter just turned 21 and said hey we should get a homebrew kit. I told her I had all of the equipment and we should start with an extract kit to get rolling again (I used to do all grain).

Anyway, I found this forum to help me get back into it.

Thanks for a great community. It was a little rough finishing the cheap Brewers Best kit....it was...meh. Since I have done a Christmas Ale that is just about kicked, an IPA that I pounded through, but found that my ancient Zapap mash tun couldn't support 14 lbs of grain except in a really thick mash, made a cooler mash tun and brewed the IPA again. I put it on tap this weekend and it won't last long :)

Thanks for a great community. It was a little rough finishing the cheap Brewers Best kit....it was...meh. Since I have done a Christmas Ale that is just about kicked, an IPA that I pounded through, but found that my ancient Zapap mash tun couldn't support 14 lbs of grain except in a really thick mash, made a cooler mash tun and brewed the IPA again. I put it on tap this weekend and it won't last long :)

Apparently JUST like riding a bike, only more fun (IMO)!

Back