'Get Really Drunk Off Gummi Bears' (link)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with the rum. I also thing that if you soak them for a few hours , maybe 4 it works better also.

We had 3 day soaked vodka infused ones last year at tailgating and too them into the football game and they basically melted in our pockets. It was as sticky mess.

While I'm not much of a beer snob, I just found out yesterday that I'm a gummi bear snob after tasting the bears made in Germany for the German market (Goldbären). I couldn't believe the difference in flavor, to me they actually taste like the fruits they're supposed to be. Ordered 5# from germandeli.com. Thanks for posting another way to enjoy them :)

Yeah the local news did a fear piece about how kids were sneaking booze into school and getting tanked up and that was one of the ones they mentioned. Also obviously injecting vodka into juice boxes and booze into soda. But obviously hooch infused gummi bears was the most salacious,

A girl brought these to a party I had once. Can definitely be dangerous if you're not careful!

i am going to make some of these and serve them on wooden spoons. make them easier for people to eat.

I wonder how this would work with Everclear?

The bears would get up on the table and dance. Or, at least I would think they would.

:drunk:

Seriously? How much vodka can you get into one? How many do you really have to eat? I mean, they are marginally edible to begin with.

I don't know because I didn't make them, but I had a small hand full and it definitely jumped my buzz up past where it was from casual beer drinking. And I actually enjoy gummy bears, so it wasn't so bad. Once you start chewing you can definitely taste the vodka though!

If you think you're just gonna get a magically alcoholic gummy bear, then you're in for a surprise when you bite into what amounts to sticky, mildly sweetened vodka! They're fun, but not particularly "appetizing," in the traditional sweet candy sense. Now rum or flavored vodka? That's probably quite a bit different.

We used to soak those blue and white gummy sharks. Definitely can get hairy if you don't treat them with respect!

Ever soak watermelon in vodka??

Ever soak watermelon in vodka??

No, but I have had cherries that spent my entire Iraq deployment soaking in TN moonshine.

I would not recommend eating them one week after returning from a 7-month break in drinking. The next day was not fun at all.

No, but I have had cherries that spent my entire Iraq deployment soaking in TN moonshine.

I would not recommend eating them one week after returning from a 7-month break in drinking. The next day was not fun at all.

Musta been rough! Thanks for your service, my close friend just got back from Iraq:mug:

One of my buddies has cherries that have allegedly been soaking in booze for around a century. The jar has turned into a bit of a family heirloom. I gave them a quick sniff once, pretty nasty, but still smelled edible.

Every time I start a thread like this I learn something, thank you everyone for your contributions!

Back