Gemütlichkeit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewmeone

Reaction score
Hello from Atlanta.

I first started brewing in 1996... somehow I figured out it was easier to brew beer at age 18 than buy it. I brewed for a few years while in college... doing mostly extract brewing... mostly pretty simple stuff.

I wound up taking a break from homebrewing after I moved to Miami... and have just gotten back into it a couple months ago. Actually... I've gotten back into it pretty hard. I started up with a few kit beers... and finally brewed my first all-grain batch (a belgian dubbel) a few weeks ago.

Not only have I gotten back into brewing pretty hard... I've also managed to drag a few friends into it as well. One posts here under the handle Gatornutz.

Anyhow... I'm looking towards brewing some incredible beers and learning a lot more about homebrewing.

Nice to meet you all.

Brian

Welcome aboard! I do warn you that you may find this site slightly adictive, kinda like crack.:drunk: I would sugest starting a small fund to fuel your growing beer making addiction, and try not to start any new relationships until you have at least 60 or 70 gallons on hand at all times:D

OK... so I've got the sig updated now. Notice nothing in primary at the moment... just moved a belgian dubbel to secondary on Monday night.

Does anyone here go to Oktoberfest in Munich? I've gone the last two years... and will be returning again this year.

Also... something else that may be off-topic. Does anyone here do any "beer tourism"? My girlfriend is in Amsterdam for work until March 2009... we've done some awesome trips... and had some incredible brews. I'd have to say Belgium has quickly become one of my favorite destinations... Brugge in particular.

Wasn't too much of a fan of Oktoberfest. Too touristy. The small town fests are WAY better. My favorite was Volksfest in Nuremburg (held twice a year and way better food!).

homebrewer_99 said:
Yeah, I really like the Annafest in Erlangen and all the local Kerwe's...:ban:

Hell yeah. I almost forgot about that one. The fest in Erlangen I would say is just as great as volksfest. I love how when you're done at the fest you just walk down the hill to the clubs and bars.

Back