GE 7.0cf freezer cooling lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hockeygreg44

Reaction score
I recently converted a GE 7.0cf chest freezer into a keezer with 3 taps. So far so good other than the fact that I don't have a drip tray mounted yet. I thought about tutting 2 small screws into the front of the freezer to hang my drip tray on but I'm afraid of hitting a coolant line. Does anyone know where I can find a diagram of the cooling lines for this freezer, or does anyone have an idea how I can mount my drip tray so that its removable? I've tried magnets superglued to the drip tray but it wasn't strong enough and the drip tray just slid to the bottom. Any idea would help.

Cheer

I've heard of people having success with earth magnets from amazon and a piece of tape on be back to provide some friction. I'm in the same boat as you as I've tried a much of things from silicone, super strength tape (and Velcro), etc. I'd love to be able to throw two screws but am nervous, too.

Did you add a wooden collar? If so, could you build a backsplash which is mounted to the collar and supports the drip tray from underneath/behind?

I wish I would have thought about making the collar overhang a little bit and then I could haves dr a back splash. I opted to make it flush and a little cleaner looking.

image-1397577876.jpg

Ummmm.........Couldn't your drip tray have a long tab on it, so it would screw to the wooden collar?........Make it the width of the tap spread, and you'll have an easily cleanable back splash as well.......

Make it come all the way to the top of your collar, pick up your faucet holes, and re-mount your faucets.

Latest posts

Back