g'day from sydney, australia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

themox

Reaction score
hey mates,

just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. i'm fletcher, a new home brewer loving the BIAB style action here in sydney. thought i'd jump on here and sign up as the wife and i will be moving to the states in a few years and thought it'd be nice to get more of an american feel for home brewing! :)

look forward to chatting with you all.

Howdy!

Brewing is brewing. It's just a matter of styles of beer that you enjoy that may be different from place to place.
Plenty to read here and tons of information on the site so pick a topic and jump on in.

Howdy Themox.

Where are you moving to in the states. My wife lived in Oz for many years before she moved back to Christ Church NZ. Then she really screwed up and married me and moved to Idaho:mug:

Just remember to do everything backwards, since everything is backwards there and the water goes down the drain the opposite way...

Welcome aboard!

Just remember to do everything backwards, since everything is backwards there and the water goes down the drain the opposite way...

Welcome aboard!

And when you get here and you're trying to find your way around, North has been correctly place at the top of the map!

And for gods sake man to turn the light on, the switch goes up not down.

And we drive on the correct side of the road that being the right side:rockin:

And a cookie is not a biscuit. We put gravy on our biscuits and dip our cookies in milk.

And a truck is not a ute. A ute is from person from utah and a truck is for driving on the road.....on the right side of the road

Just pulling your leg dude:tank:

Welcome to Home Brew Talk.

Just had a guy from Campbelltown stay with us for a month. He's my granddaughters boyfriend. He spent Christmas with us... great kid

Howdy!

Brewing is brewing. It's just a matter of styles of beer that you enjoy that may be different from place to place.
Plenty to read here and tons of information on the site so pick a topic and jump on in.

Oh for sure; it's just a nice change from chatting with other Aussies (although I sure many use this forum too) and get different ideas/perspectives etc. I've brewed some sexy American styles and plenty of others too...love it :)

Howdy Themox.

Where are you moving to in the states. My wife lived in Oz for many years before she moved back to Christ Church NZ. Then she really screwed up and married me and moved to Idaho:mug:

Hey mate,

At the moment it's either New York or Colorado where she's from. Probably the latter. Can't wait

the biggest difference will be the grain available. We like to spend a lot of cash on things, although maybe cheaper than down under.

i'm in the uk right now though.

Hey mate,

At the moment it's either New York or Colorado where she's from. Probably the latter. Can't wait

Going from sea level to a mile high is going to cause some issues I think. My wife lived her whole life at sea level and then moved up to 5000 feet. Dang near killed her it did

My wife travels to Colorado for business. Damned near passed out during a presentation because of altitude sickness. Its no joke.

the biggest difference will be the grain available. We like to spend a lot of cash on things, although maybe cheaper than down under.

i'm in the uk right now though.

to be honest it's probably a lot more available without the need for special orders, but largely not very different i don't think. the only thing i can think is that it's usually much cheaper for things over there than here in sydney, but pay and such is higher here, so it probably works out around even when all is said and done...everything is expensive for me at the moment anyway as i'm a student haha

My wife travels to Colorado for business. Damned near passed out during a presentation because of altitude sickness. Its no joke.

agreed. i've only been there twice for short holidays and the main difference we found was how dry it all is. i'm used to seaside humidity. we took a trip to the top of one of the mountains there, drove up to the top of it, and got out...my wife was running around all fine cos she's been there for years, but as soon as i got out of the car, i walked a few steps then fell over hahaha. couldn't keep up straight.

Back