New Member from Australia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eiken

Reaction score
Hi all.
I'm new to home brewing. My brother has been into it for years and have tasted some of his home brews. I've decided to give it a go myself and make a start.
I have purchased the Guten 70L system and have attempted making my first small batch. I have tried a NEIPA style beer and everything was going smoothly expect putting the wort into the fermentor believing not to allow any oxygen in and pitching the yeast... Whoops apparantly after 48 hours of no activity I called my brother and found that Oxygen is your friend to get the fermentation going... So I have poured the wort into another fermentor and pitched another yeast (Wyeast 1318) last night at 7pm and just inspected it at 2pm and no signs of fermentation yet. Its currently in the fridge at 20C/68F. Any tips would be appreciated. I guess there is a lot to learn. Anyway feel free to shout out and say hello.

What signs of fermentation are you looking for? If it's bubbles from an airlock a poorly sealed lid will prevent that. I ferment in a KegKing chubby and often don't see signs of life after 24 hours.

Welcome....But don't leave us hanging how this 70L mega pot worked out!

and at least you started with something you're not actually supposed to worry about it being cloudy! ;) lol :mug:

Welcome to the community! Patience is definitely a virtue...ive had yeast take 72 hours before so RDWHAHB!

Back