Gauging interest for San Diego Group Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daksin

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I can get grain delivered to my location in Miramar, pretty much anything you need as long as you can buy an entire sack of it, but I never see SD area group buys.

Is there any interest?

Yes! How soon were you looking to order? I could use about 7-8 sacks of stuff. I "live" in AZ but I'm out here all the time for family. In fact, I am here right now!

I can order anytime I want, it takes 2-4 days to get things in after the order is placed, but I'd like to get a big order in. My personal order will be a full pallet, so in order to keep the per-bag shipping cost down, I'd like to get a lot of bags in the order to fill up a second pallet. It costs about $100 to ship the pallet to my place, so if we only get 10 bags, then shipping is $10/bag which isn't great.

Hey I sent ya a PM about a week ago and haven't heard back, still interested in participating in the group buy

Sorry guys! Life is busy with the brewery and real job and all sorts of other distractions. I am still definitely interested. If you can buy a bag of grain, please PM me one more time and I will get things started!

Sorry guys! Life is busy with the brewery and real job and all sorts of other distractions. I am still definitely interested. If you can buy a bag of grain, please PM me one more time and I will get things started!

I will be in town March 9th-13th. I would be in for 2-4 bags of 2 row depending on cost.

Jeff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Home Brew mobile app

I have only received 2 PMs, this isn't going to be cost-effective for you guys if that's all the interest there is. I'm happy to be the conduit in the future, though, so if anybody else wants to organize one I can buy and have everything shipped to my place.

I am moving to San Diego area in June. once I get out there I will def join in on a group bye. I will check back when I get out to the area. I cant believe there aren't group buys all the time out there though!

not in SD but I have a brother I can visit in Poway as an excuse to pick up some supplies... Count me in

Sub'ing..id been down for a couple of sacks of Belgian pilsner if this ever gets going..

I'm down for 4-5sacks my number is (951) 813-1014. Let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

About how much per sack of 2 row? I'd be in for 4-6 if the price is right...

It seems like there is some more interest now. I will give everyone a week to PM me and then I will place the order. PLEASE include in your email what malts you want to buy, and how many bags. The more buyers/bags we have, the cheaper shipping will be for everyone. I'll be just selling this stuff at cost, so 2-row will be about $30, maybe less if we can spread out the shipping. I can get pretty much any malt you need, if you want to buy 50-55lbs of it, but remember that specialty malts will be more/lb (usually twice to 3 times as much) than the basic 2-row. Great Western's 2-row is super high quality, I love it.

Interest is looking good- if nobody objects, I can move the order up to the end of this week, so y'all can start picking grain up Thursday of next week (5/22). What do you guys think?

Interest is looking good- if nobody objects, I can move the order up to the end of this week, so y'all can start picking grain up Thursday of next week (5/22). What do you guys think?

I think it sounds like a plan. :ban:

Hi Guys,

I can't give out my wholesale price sheet, but I'm selling AT COST so this is going to be way cheaper than anything you could buy online or in a shop, and shipping should only be a few bucks per bag. We still have some room on the pallet for a few more bags- and remember, the more bags we get, the cheaper your shipping gets.

Cheers!

Okay- I have the FOLLOWING USERS CONFIRMED for grain buy. YOU MUST BE ABLE TO PICK UP SOMETIME IN THE NEXT 2 WEEKS.

Ftea- 1 bag 2row
bru-noob- 2 bags 2row
thefost- 3 bags 2row, 1 bag Maris Otter, 1 bag pils
Jperry- 3 bags 2row, 2 bags Maris Otter
sandyeggoxj- 5 bags 2row, 1 bag maris otter, 1 bag white wheat, 1 bag C60, 1bag C120, 1bag Franco-Belges Pils
seaoflament- 1 bag Franco-Belges pils
somekindofnick- 2 bags 2row
brettg20- 4 bags 2row
danzak- 3 bags 2row

The below Users I DO NOT HAVE CONFIRMED, PLEASE CONTACT ME:
igotsand- 1 bag 2row 1 bag pils?
rufireproof- 1 bag pils, 1 bag wheat, 1 bag chocolate malt

With all of the CONFIRMED buyers, that's 30 bags altogether, which works shipping to about $3.50 per bag. Add in the unconfirmed 5 bags and it's closer to $3/bag. We have room for up to 48 bags, in case anybody wants to up their order today.

When will you be getting the bags? I arrive in San Diego on June 3rd. If that would work then I want to get a bag.

Sorry guys I haven't confirmed yet. Been busy with the fire season. I hope it isn't too late to get in on the order. Please let me know

Back