Gasket for Nitrogen tank?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davehenry

Reaction score
Help!

I have a 20 pound Nitrogen tank filled with Co2 and I purchased a Co2 regulator to Nitrogen tank adapter. I set the whole think up and when I turn on the tank there is a serious leak coming from the point where the adapter screws into the tank.

Is there supposed to be a gasket that goes in there? I purchased the tank used and there wasn't one on it, the adapter didn't come with one and I cant find any mention of one online anywhere.

Yes, a gasket is required. If your regulator coupler doesn't have one integrated into the stem, you need to pick up a couple...

Cheers!

Are they coned shaped to fit in the hole?

Brewing up a storm in Langley, British Columbia

I think the above poster is confusing the co2 and nitrogen thread. You will need the plastic/fiber washer between the regulator and adapter. If it's leaking between the adapter and the tank it's possible the inside cone shaped area of the tank is slightly damaged. There are soft nose and hard nose nitrogen connections. The soft nose has a cone shaped o-ring built in and will seal even with surface imperfections. The hard nose is solid brass and if both surfaces are in good shape should seal. I would try tightening it more. If that doesn't work you might need to not use the adapter and get get a regulator with the soft nose.

Woof. My eyes saw "coned shaped" but my brain read "round" :drunk:

The gasket is flat. I have one on my beer gas tank as well as my CO2 tanks...

Cheers!

Thanks. I do have the hard nosed adapter. I'll try tightening more.

Brewing up a storm in Langley, British Columbia

Back